Discuss A little treat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been after one for a while, so bit the bullet this morning and looking forward to putting it to good use.
I am constantly coming up against situations where one would be ideal such as getting into awkward places in factories and machines and with the advantage of a detachable screen and photo or video capture it should come in very handy. I will let you know if they are worth the money. IMG_0521.jpg

Nice, I got a cheapo model in Lidle useful but not as comprehensive as yours, still it works and does the job, sort of

Same as Pete, got a cheapo version myself. Biggest problem I have had is orientating the camera with the picture you viewing. Painted a little white dot (on the top) of the camera, so I knew what was up and what was down, if you see what I mean!

Pete I was thinking of trying a cheap one 1st but having heard good things about this model decided to go straight for it.

No it's not christmas lads I have just always believed that if something can make the job easier then it's worth buying.

No Problem mate but it would appear that you don't get an sd card with it for the money I will get a card slotted in probably tomorrow and post a pic up.
I just popped it down the back of the radiator and it was a clear image, and also the zoom feature should be useful. I think whats going to make it useful is the detachable screen, it also comes with an hook and magnet attchment for the end to retreive cables etc.

That sounds great . I have the See Snake , it's not great, but ok.
It has record facility and detachable head for radio interconnect for awkward places.
The clarity lets it down though. The main problem is the led burnout and glare if set to high to get decent illumination.

£ 250.00 + Vat, you would think it would come with an sd card.

Our lass has just brought me one back from shopping so i'm sorted now, besides I get enough perks to be fair from the place I got it.

I just need to find a dark hole to stick it in for Ruston so I can upload him an image:crazy:

Very nice, I also have a cheaper one which I bought about a year ago which is very handy and kinda adequate 95% of the time. I thought about spending more to get a better picture and better long and short range clarity but I thought I'd leave it a while with the thinking that the lens and optics technology would get better and cheaper over time. Ideally I'd need one that gives a clear picture between about a foot and 8 feet in distance, most of them are designed with a very short inspection distance like a few inches or less in mind.

I think the key thing about them is having enough light to illuminate what you are seeing.
I have one of the cheap ones and in daylight I can get a good picture an outside area.
Once you are using the integral light and covering the lens in cobwebs in a floor void the picture becomes less clear.
I have tried at various points to get torches lighting the area and this does improve things but needs plenty of access.
At the moment I am trying to adapt some flexible LED daytime running lights, which are a semi flexible rod of light, so that I can slide that in the space as well and hopefully see clearly.

Reply to A little treat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net