Search the forum,

Discuss A reminder to everyone - FatallyFlawed - Child Plug Socket Covers Campaign in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

A little update guys, maths legend Johnny Flippin Ball has given the campaign his endorsement. I've contacted several well known people and their management teams today with the intention of getting endorsements so we can use them to raise awareness. Looks like it's working:)
As and when they get back to me I'm going to ask them to put links on their sites to the campaign website

Last edited by a moderator:
A facebook share that I posted up seems to have gone viral fairly quickly which is a good sign - that's several thousand potential hits just before it leaves my 'direct' sphere of influence.

Trev, pm me who you've contacted for endorsements as, well, I know a lot of peeps and may have some ideas.

Right i have recieved a phone call from trading standards , what they have told me is that they are not regulated any one can make them ,there is also no requirement for them to be used ,as sockets are shuttered , and they have been trying to get clarity on these for the past 3 years ,what clarity im not sure , but they have forwarded the photographs and my letter to the health and safety executive not heard a sausage from the ESC which suprises me , so guys what could be an idea is to write to your local trading standards more pressure we put on them the sooner they will be banned

A little update guys, maths legend Johnny Flippin Ball has given the campaign his endorsement. I've contacted several well known people and their management teams today with the intention of getting endorsements so we can use them to raise awareness. Looks like it's working:)
As and when they get back to me I'm going to ask them to put links on their sites to the campaign website

you could try his daughter Zoe radio 2 DJ , then she does make me go week at the knee's luck fat boy slim

im still trying to see what she looks like without me dam glasses steaming up , oh forgot to say i have sent a message to Jeremy vine on radio 2 , not about Zoe but the socket covers :artist:

Just been E-Mailed by a guy in Sri Lanka, he wants to sign the petition but can’t.
Sri Lanka works to BS7671 and use BS1363 sockets so he’s spreading the word there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to A reminder to everyone - FatallyFlawed - Child Plug Socket Covers Campaign in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock