Discuss Absolutely no idea how much to quote for this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have just completed an EICR! Its taken a while to write up!

I have to emphasise that I am not recommending the chap change his crabtree CU and wylex fuse box, I am offering it as a suggestion and have made it clear that it is not dangerous. However, I am changing the bottom RCD anyway (poor trip times) and also the upper RCD enclosure (poor IP) and also the fuse box is difficult to work on due to the proximity to the meter so it may be a good idea.

I would like to give him an idea of how much it would cost to change it all to a 15 way CU and dont want to over/under quote. I usually charge around £300 for a CU change but there is a lot more going on here and was thinking around £500. Is that about right or a way off?

Michael.jpgmichael2.jpg

looking at that mess, i think £500 is spot on. assuming your eicr did not find circuit faults.

Well if it was my house I wouldn't want the boards swapping, replace the trip and stick some tywraps on the scruffy cables, 150 quid max and be done with it lol

If your customer does end up opting for an "update" it'll tidy up easy enough nice big din rail box to joint into brand new DB below so add up all your materials there's a day in the DB change to allow a chilled day, add say half a day for the faults then stick some profit on top and your sorted really

OR

fix what's not doing it's job tidy the twins up and charge half a day

SIMPLES

I've got to ask where the exact £468 came from Murdoch? :smiley2:

I'm not a fan of round number quotes. It doesn't look like you've worked it out. A number like £468 looks more considered. I'm also a fan of hi integrity boards and Wylex do a 15 way one and I've used a few recently hence the price!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Absolutely no idea how much to quote for this? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net