Discuss Adding a second crimp lug in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening everyone
Can anybody help with a situation I have currently underway
As you can see from the pics I need to double up the crimps on each phase but the incomer isn’t large enough to do so and the bolts are too short
Is there anything I can do to allow me to connect the new phases to the existing ones safely and robustly
Thank you ??

Attachments

• 9ADF5632-A67F-455A-958F-E2BCD7722EF8.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 57
  • 2626EE88-B0BD-46BF-8D2A-C540500D2604.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 6FA073AE-1B3A-4422-91CF-AE4CFA38714E.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 4A05D8A3-3878-481A-AB2F-5FD90DA3AA90.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 54
  • FED19736-3369-470B-AD68-F3B955B5F03B.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 63
have you tried with the second crimp back to front... so the crimps are flat edge to flat edge? or are the bolts still too short? (longer bolts from manufacturer?)

Small buss bar chamber below the board?

or maybe an isolator below that will allow the conductors to fit?

have you tried with the second crimp back to front... so the crimps are flat edge to flat edge? or are the bolts still too short? (longer bolts from manufacturer?)
Yeh tried that but as you can see the space is very limited no movement on the existing cables
I wondered whether there was a extender or something similar to allow the second crimp the space it requires

Small buss bar chamber below the board?

or maybe an isolator below that will allow the conductors to fit?
I have got a small bus bar chamber but would be super tight to fit under the board
See pic

Attachments

• CA44B239-255D-4711-BBCC-23A7BD2C00B2.jpeg
    756.7 KB · Views: 15
either back to back lugs (newones back to front under existing with maybe slightly longer bolts, or as last post. fit spreaders/extenders.

Schneider make spreaders for those switches. You can bolt the spreader to the existing connections and then attach your cables using your own longer nuts & bolts.
Brilliant I was convinced there would be a simple solution and this appears like the perfect one time ( which is Critical ) and cost saving fab thank you
Are they brand specific ??? As you can see the board and incomer Schneider ?

It looks like the crimps have been filed which is a bit dodgy. I assume the dividers were in place before the photo, would they still fit back in with the spreaders?

Reply to Adding a second crimp lug in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net