Discuss Advertising in yellow pages & yell.com in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wingpara

Hi all, How much success have members had in getting business from advertising in yellow pages and yell.com?.I'm considering advertising with them for next year and they want £860 +Vat for 60mmX60mm colour add in yellow pages and advert on yell.com
1.Do you think you had valve for money.
2.Would you advertisie with them again.
3.How much did your advert cost and what advertizing did you get for your money.

tried both of them and they didnt work for me. i always ask new customers where they got my number from and if it was from an advert it was never yell or yellow advertiser hence i didnt renew with them this year

Same as Durham on this one. Dont waste your cash on Yellow Pages ad's, I have heard that the majority of people now use yell.com instead of trawling through the directory. I also heard that due to lack of demand they are stopping printing the Yellow Pages in the near future, like after the next edition.

Cheers.........Howard

also agree with above BUT if you do decide to go with them, say you really want too but its a little expensive and see how quickly they start slashing the quote.

Mine was a white advert, cost £500 with yell included, I have this year had 2 jobs from the advert.

Total loss of about £200.00

Thing is though am I old fashioned in thinking it is about presence, although the customer has come from another source I do feel that the presence is important????

Same with my Thomson local ad, spent £500.00 in that and have about broken even on that one!

Just feel the need to be in them.

yellow pages is a complete waist of time, i had an add takin up nearly half a page this year got about 6 jobs off it complete tosh, yell.com is a load of rubbish aswell thy promice you atleast 5 jobs a month when in enquiring, tht makes me laff cos how do thy know if people wanting jobs done are realy going to ring your number and not someone elses, id say the best bet is good old word of mouth:cool:

Thanks for all the responses to this. I have had a free add with yell & Thomson for some time now but never had any work from it. Yell have been trying to sell advertising to me since June and I’ve been trying get there price down, saying it’s too expensive. Spoke to one of their reps about six weeks ago. He said that if I wasn’t going to advertise with them then this is last time they would contact me. I said no problem I just have your free advert with Yell to which he replied that there would no free advertising on Yell come next year, but of course they did contact me again last week with a better offer and told me £760 +vat over the phone. I asked them to put in writing to me and when the e mail arrived it was back up £860+vat.
I know Yell are a bunch of ----ers, but I do agree with Cbw when he says about having presence in yellow pages. Maybe I will just have add with Elecsa when they put their block add in yellow pages.

Yell are now pushing the free listings to the back of the book... Obviously to try and force sales.

Iv spent £650 for yell and yellow pages. im on first page of yellow pages for sparks and have earnt about £200 from the 2 since may.poop if you ask me! Whats google adwords? anyone used this and is it worth the money?

Much the same as everyone else,probably 20-30 calls but not one that led to me even giving a price. After one year over £300:mad: down. I have cancelled now but they still keep ringing ( and getting my voice mail!!).

Reply to Advertising in yellow pages & yell.com in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net