Discuss Advise me on which practical electrician course please in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bill b

-
Reaction score
Hi All,

please would you advice me on what practical electrician course will be good for me

I have done BENG electrical and electronic engineering. I would like to top up by practical electricians course and be self employed

thank
bill

Welcome to the forum Bill. I'm guessing nobody replied to you request for advice because your post was at the end of an existing thread which has been dormant for some time.

I've made you post into a new thread so hopefully you'll get noticed now.

Cheers
Marv.

You already have an engineering degree, so I assume you're not planning on setting up as a self employed domestic sparky. What area of business exactly do you plan on being in?

You already have an engineering degree, so I assume you're not planning on setting up as a self employed domestic sparky. What area of business exactly do you plan on being in?

Hi Marvo,

Yes I have a degree in electrical and electronic engineering (upper 2.1 honours degree) and also did HND, but was never employed in engineering field, I made more then 100 applications and didnt even get one interview, this was 8 years ago. So I had to work as sale assistant in luxury watch industry any way I Would like to work in my qualification field or be self employed in enginering

I would love to work on building installation (domestic electrical installation) and Gas installation

Please Would you advice me

thanks

bill

I'm still not sure exactly what your game plan is. You're overqualified to be a domestic sparky and I'm sure you didn't spend 5 years getting qualified to a uni degree so you could chase walls and replace consumer units which would be a complete waste of a perfectly good qualification..

**edit** I just reread my post and it sounds a bit harsh which it wasn't intended to be. I guess my question is why have you got aspirations to be a domestic sparky when you have a wide range of other options with you quals?

I'm still not sure exactly what your game plan is. You're overqualified to be a domestic sparky and I'm sure you didn't spend 5 years getting qualified to a uni degree so you could chase walls and replace consumer units which would be a complete waste of a perfectly good qualification..

**edit** I just reread my post and it sounds a bit harsh which it wasn't intended to be. I guess my question is why have you got aspirations to be a domestic sparky when you have a wide range of other options with you quals?

Marvo thanks for being honest and no your post didn't sound harsh matey, you are right i didn't spent 5 Years in Uni so i could chase walls and replace consumer units, however i have been applying for jobs in my field and as you know from my above post i didn't even get one intervene and one had to pay the bills so i found a job in sales and worked my way to be a manager, now as you mentioned before i would like to use my qualification but how and where if now one calls me for intervene

would you advice me on what to do next matey.

Hi Marco,

Please see my post below thanks

Reply to Advise me on which practical electrician course please in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net