Discuss Aftermarket Sony XAV-AX1000 Won't power on with engine - 2010 Vauxhall Corsa EcoFlex 1.0L in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BradS0

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

(DIY user here)

Wondering if somebody might know anything about why my Sony XAV-AX1000 won't power up on startup.

A little bit of info about the situation:

I purchased this car from a private seller last weekend, who provided photos on the listing of the screen working on the date of 27/08/22 so I know that this isn't a faulty head unit itself. The head unit itself was installed by a professional (I believe Halfords fitted it for the previous owner). However, since I've had the car I have not been able to get the head unit to power on. When I turn on the engine there is no sign of any power on the head unit when holding down the home button etc.

I have tried replacing both fuses for the unit itself and the corresponding fuse in the passenger side fuse box but still getting nothing. I was wondering if there is anything else I can try before having to take it to someone to take a look at as this is something that could have only gone wrong in the last week or so. It's also worth mentioning that the head unit itself doesn't have a power button.

Any help or suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated & thanks in advance!

TL;DR
Aftermarket Sony XAV-AX1000 won't power up when the engine is turned on (has no power button), tried replacing fuses, and still no luck.
I would get your multimeter and check the feed at the connector feeding the head unit. You will have a permanent live, and a one which is only live when the ignition is on. They always used to be yellow and red, but not sure these days.

Hi all,

(DIY user here)

Wondering if somebody might know anything about why my Sony XAV-AX1000 won't power up on startup.

A little bit of info about the situation:

I purchased this car from a private seller last weekend, who provided photos on the listing of the screen working on the date of 27/08/22 so I know that this isn't a faulty head unit itself. The head unit itself was installed by a professional (I believe Halfords fitted it for the previous owner). However, since I've had the car I have not been able to get the head unit to power on. When I turn on the engine there is no sign of any power on the head unit when holding down the home button etc.

I have tried replacing both fuses for the unit itself and the corresponding fuse in the passenger side fuse box but still getting nothing. I was wondering if there is anything else I can try before having to take it to someone to take a look at as this is something that could have only gone wrong in the last week or so. It's also worth mentioning that the head unit itself doesn't have a power button.

Any help or suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated & thanks in advance!
Like DPG said check the Yellow = + battery and Red = + ignition also that it has a good connection to chassis -.

Have you the Manual for this? User manual Sony XAV-AX1000 (English - 116 pages) - https://www.manua.ls/sony/xav-ax1000/manual?p=25

As it may have crashed and needs resetting due to battery being disconnected or something.

Last edited:
Like UNG said check the Yellow = + battery and Red = + ignition also that it has a good connection to chassis -.

Have you the Manual for this? As it may have crashed and needs resetting due to battery being disconnected or something.

Like who said? 😀

Corrected, but he was probably in the middle of posting it. :)
I do find these android based things a bit temperamental.
Corrected, but he was probably in the middle of posting it. :)

I've had a few of the cheap Chinese android based ones, the Sony is probably a bit more stable but still a bit iffy.

I do find these android based things a bit temperamental.

I've had a few of the cheap Chinese android based ones, the Sony is probably a bit more stable but still a bit iffy.

You talking to yourself again? 😀😀

Reply to Aftermarket Sony XAV-AX1000 Won't power on with engine - 2010 Vauxhall Corsa EcoFlex 1.0L in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net