Discuss Always trust Yahoo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fuel

As sad as i am, i was reading where someone had a blown "fuse" on yahoo answers and was looking what to do, and had a bit of a laugh at one of the responses:

" You need to get an qualified electrician out as soon as possible, because he will have to do an insulation resistance test on the light circuit to find the problem. I had a problem like that at a clients house and found that rats chewed through the wiring. It caused a joist to catch fire, but lucky for the client the wires burnt off before causing big damage.
I don't know why rats like to chew electric cables, but they seem to like doing it. If the electrician can find the problem it should not cost to much, to repair, because he can cut the bad or damaged section of the cable out and use junction boxes to join a new part of cable. Just make sure to get a Part P registered electrician to do the work, because it's illegal to do any electrical work without being registered. Get a receipt when he did the work. "

Yahoo os no good anyway always use google my self haha.
Since when was it illegal to do that work as it is not instaling a new circuit so it is not notifiable so they dont have to be part p registered haha but o well

Had a good laugh at a few things on there. People should not be allowed to answer questions they don't know the answer too!

Reply to Always trust Yahoo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can i just check something. If a rat decides to chew a cable will it trip the MCB or RCD ? I ask because I had one house recently that had a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am a removal man and I build office furniture. The company that I work for has based me at one of there clients buildings which...
Replies
Views
Hi, my niece lives in a flat and has a bathroom without a window. There is an extractor fan which packed up and an electrician installed a new one...
Replies
Views
My mate has family in Southern Ireland and he has been over there a couple of times this year helping them renovate a property. He has been...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock