Discuss am i doing the right course length time ??? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

philz

Hi there!! I'm new to this site and I am whishing to become an electrician I am currently studying at night class at a my local college L2 2330 2year and then L3 1year so all together 3 Years some people have said why not train with the olci and you will be trained in 18 months but some people have said No college is better??? I think I am doing the right way but it is so conflicting ??

Hi & welcome. :)

Learn the theory at college, meanwhile try and get some practical experience. I know it's not easy but keep on trying don't give up, good luck

hi guys just want to say a big thank you for putting my mind at ease, iv ask my tutor about should start collecting tools some people have said no just use the colleges and others have said yes,
iv look at the forge steel 42pc tool set from screwfix it as got good ratings ?? or am I just jumping the gun a bit ?? my brother as gave me few bits and bobs like drivers and 18vdrill that he doesn't use

hi guys just want to say a big thank you for putting my mind at ease, iv ask my tutor about should start collecting tools some people have said no just use the colleges and others have said yes,
iv look at the forge steel 42pc tool set from screwfix it as got good ratings ?? or am I just jumping the gun a bit ?? my brother as gave me few bits and bobs like drivers and 18vdrill that he doesn't use
If you are confident about your route, which it seems you are, then now would be a good time to start acquiring the required tools.
This is not to say that you should be buying every tool you need, it takes time to get everything, just start simple and see what you need over time.
At the moment you have the chance to use the college tools so make use of that, but note which tools you will need and start the process.
Forge steel are a fairly cheap brand that is not too bad but you may find they are not quite good enough to last you when used professionally, however if they are cheap it is a good start to see how bad they are for you! It would also get you used to which tools you will be using all the time and which ones you will use occasionally.
Non critical rarely used tools can be fairly cheap, vital regularly used tools will need to be high quality and spares are useful.
If you wait until you are about to start full time work then you will have a massive outlay for tools and may not get the right ones. Better to find out now.

Reply to am i doing the right course length time ??? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net