Discuss Amtech forms. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

funkguppy

Just starting out on my own after many years as employed. I'm in the process of rewiring a property, and will use this for my NAPIT registration, but in the mean time, i'm also working on commercial projects and need to certificate (minor works, pir, eic), so am thinking of buying the Amtech FastTest package so I can produce professional looking software version certificates.

What I don't understand is, what do I do about serial numbers for these forms, as I thought that each certificate/form has to be serialised, and that number has to be recognised by, say, NAPIT. I don't want to spend £200 on software if it's no good to me when registered with NAPIT.

Also, are the new forms to replace the 6 sheet PIR available yet?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

not sure on amtech but highly recomend tysoft eascycert, the software you decide to use will allow serial numbering sytem to be used for your certs

You have to buy the forms with the serial numbers already on them from your scheme provider. The NICEIC definitely do them but I don’t know about NAPIT. The software will allow you to print the data into the required boxes. Amtech software is “mega hot” on validation and has an “out of this world” data base. The drawback is the data input side of the software. You will lose the will to life long before you printed any certificates.

Just starting out on my own after many years as employed. I'm in the process of rewiring a property, and will use this for my NAPIT registration, but in the mean time, i'm also working on commercial projects and need to certificate (minor works, pir, eic), so am thinking of buying the Amtech FastTest package so I can produce professional looking software version certificates.

What I don't understand is, what do I do about serial numbers for these forms, as I thought that each certificate/form has to be serialised, and that number has to be recognised by, say, NAPIT. I don't want to spend £200 on software if it's no good to me when registered with NAPIT.

Also, are the new forms to replace the 6 sheet PIR available yet?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Amtech is the cream of certification software with a price and learning curve to match!
Castline Formfill is good too and perhaps easier to master quickly, we use Level 3 and that gives you an excellent range of different certificates including fire alarm and emergency lighting.

Create your own serial numbers, as long as your documentation is traceable to the task then you've complied with your obligations.

Last edited:
There are new certs coming out for the January amendment 1, I dont know what is exactly changing but what ever you buy make sure you can get the upgrade, otherwise you may find your software is out of date in rather a short time.
I use amtech and definately recommend it.

I use the Amtech Fast test and its a cracking package. The serial number is generated itself when you go to print the certificate. I am also registered with NAPIT, and they have never questioned the serial no's of the certs - come to think of it i dont think they have ever checked them and been registered with them since the PArt P started. I would guess that as long as you keep you own set of serial numbers that is all they need. When i bought my software, i paid the extra for the updates which i think was another 100 quid or thereabouts - like blowcat say's - make sure you get the updates as the PIR's will be out of date in 6 months

Thanks everyone. I think I get it now. So when i'm registered with NAPIT, I will still use my own serial numbers and Amtechs forms, and use them anyway for commercial jobs. For some reason, I had the impression that when with a scheme provider, I'd have to use their forms and serial no's. I think they like to confuse us, so we run around worried that we're breaking some law unless we do exactly as they say. Fascist's then!

Once again, I thank the respondents for your help. What would we do without such sites as these.

Reply to Amtech forms. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net