Discuss Android App for SMA Bluetooth Inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

1.05 added extra CSV import format and improved graphs

Screenshot_2012-05-24-21-26-50.png

1.06 More Graph Improvements
1.07 Plant view, aggregate daily and monthly graphs for all inverters (if you have more than one).

Anyone on here using this?

Now auto creates folders on sdcard for Backup,Restore and Import
Database Backup facility
Backs up on startup to "/sdcard/Sunny Solar Log/Backup"
Database Restore facility
Auto Restore on startup from "/sdcard/Sunny Solar Log/Restore"

Graph Tweaks
New Weekly Graph View

minor tweaks to pvoutput export

Bug Fix (Potential Force Close fix).

I believe the reason there is not more like this is that SMA have not documented the Bluetooth protocol. This had to be worked out by researching on the web, some help from another forum member "stuart99" (Thanks). and a few other techniques involving trial and error.

Glad you got it working, theres the original code over at the OpenEnergyMonitor web site.

Sorry, I've got Sunny Explorer, Sunny Beam and plenty of different SMA inverters to try it on... but I'm not paying £5 to beta test a product and give you feedback to ensure it's bug-free.

Microsoft don't charge for the beta versions of Windows do they? Neither do a lot of smaller firms when they produce software.

Fair enough once it's up and running, fulling developed and bug-free.

Just my personal opinion, as usual would welcome your thoughts.

Sorry, I've got Sunny Explorer, Sunny Beam and plenty of different SMA inverters to try it on... but I'm not paying £5 to beta test a product and give you feedback to ensure it's bug-free.

Microsoft don't charge for the beta versions of Windows do they? Neither do a lot of smaller firms when they produce software.

Just my personal opinion, as usual would welcome your thoughts.

Del Boy,

In summary, this is up and running and currently has approx 80 active users worldwide using TL's, HF's, Tripowers. Etc

Personally have a tablet running it 24/7 uploading to pvoutput.org every 5 min.

What can I say apart from take a look at the listing on Google play and its feature list and decide.if it is for you.

On there you can read feedback from other users. All good apart from one person who made no attempt to contact me and gave 1 star. I attempted to contact them by email and even a message on the listing (no response). I guess you can't help some people.

I have had a few people who have needed support (which I provide by email) to get Bluetooth pairings working. Also setting the date/time of the inverter.

If someone is unable to get it working then I have the ability to refund them.

All the Best

Steve

If you are having problems please email me its quicker.
If I can't sort it for you I will refund.

The email address Is on the Google play listing.
Or you can reply to the email I send to every buyer.

Actually I think they do but it depends on your definition of beta and fully developed.

I see you have the same definition as I do, so Microsoft have never produced an OS that wasn't bugy and fully developed and when you buy the "full" software you are effectively beta testing it for them. There isn't a software writer on the planet that hasn't fudged the alpha/beta/full equation. They all effectively call their alpha versions beta's and their full versions are giant beta tests. It's only when you get to the first patch release that you get anywhere near to the OS they should be releasing as fully developed.

So your M$ analogy isn't a good one. Just saying.

Added Auto Reconnect.

walk out of range, walk back and reconnects.

Added Power Management 3 options,

1. Keep device awake while connected.
2. Keep device awake while program running
3. Keep devide awake with screen on while program running

Options 2 and 3 are not recommended if device is on battery

With option 1 Auto reconnect may not work until device wakes if disconnected for a while.

1.14. Released yesterday
Connection Rota Feature for multiple inverters
Minor auto pvoutput export changes
Shows Connected Inverter Name
Code re-factoring

1.15 Release tonight
Improved Compatibility for Inverters with Piggyback board
Auto Bluetooth enable/disable option
Auto Connect on app start option
Auto Disconnect overnight
Change to sync on connect
New pvoutput option in historic view
Pvoutput donator mode
Main Graph Tweaked
Historic Graphs set end date option
Goto Date option
code refactoring

Reply to Android App for SMA Bluetooth Inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net