Discuss Another texecom question but ricochet this time. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know roughly the maximum distance from the expander to a single wireless device? I know if there was more wireless devices it would increase the chance of getting a little further due to the mesh technology but only need one wireless zone.

The position of the PIR in the garage is about 30 meters from the expander across the driveway. Today I connected the ricochet wireless PIR to the expander then positioned it in the garage, everything seemed fine then after about 15 mins it lost signal. I deleted it off the system and reconnected it and it happened again. I would of thought it should have been fine at the distance? Cheers

I have a site where there is a dualtech and door contact in a remote garage around 40-50m from receiver & other wireless devices and it's never missed a beat. Try adding more wireless devices.

Used the Ricochet software to show the device status and signal level, you can also see the signal level on the control panel under engineers Utils.....Remember the pir only transmits once it has been inactive after 2 minutes, this is how it saves on battery power.

Reply to Another texecom question but ricochet this time. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I am wondering about becoming an electrician of some form or another and thought to come to an...
Replies
Views
Hi! I’d like to install a pedestal-mounted (230 V, 30 A max - programmable) EV charger close to my driveway, which ends about 12 feet away from...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock