Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Any loxone partners on here in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. bigspark17

bigspark17 Electrician's Arms

any ef members a registered loxone partner? Just after some info about them and there partner scheme

2. stummish

stummish Electrician's Arms

I'm not, but I nearly did. I talked to Joanna I think she was called, but decided it didn't suit me. Upfront cost for materials to train with, pay for a week long course and then become a "partner". There's a few platinum partners that will basically get all the work worth doing by default, they shut their support forums down so unless you know their system inside out, you have to rely on a tech support hot line.

If you do loxone installs how they require you to as part of their guarantee, that house is then stuck with it until it gets rewired, so if loxone goes under and theres a problem, tough sh*t. If it needs modifying and loxone dont exist anymore, tough sh*t. The parts are insanely expensive for what they actually are. If the mini server crashes or breaks, you can't even turn a light or the heating on.

I went with z-wave (fibaro in particular) mainly because they have open forums, the kit isn't bank breaking, they don't force you into any courses, and if fibaro go under, other zwave suppliers like vera or qubino etc still work, not tied down to 1 brand. The main reason for me though is if the zwave controller crashes the house still works like a normal house, it just looses it's "smart", and you can remove the zwave parts and it'd back to being a normal house.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. charlie76

charlie76 Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    CES Midlands
    I have to agree with @stummish@stummish , I looked at loxone and it seemed that they just wanted a bag load of money off you to learn how to use their products and get some demo kit and then more money to get a better level of partnering i.e. silver, gold, platinum etc... I just don't agree with paying that much money to someone for me to sell their products, they should be after your trade not you paying them for the privilege of promoting them....

• Like Like x 3
  4. bigspark17

bigspark17 Electrician's Arms

Thanks @stummish@stummish & @charlie76@charlie76 . Great feedback. You have hammered home my thoughts i spoke with joanna too and didnt agree you had to pay to train pay to become partner, they should be throwing stuff at you as we would be frontline selling to homeowners. The z-wave sounds better and the fact it continues to work if the server crashes is a big bonus. How easy is it to retrofit the zwave into an existing house or fit in a new extension?

5. stummish

stummish Electrician's Arms

Retro fit is easy. If the lights are loop in at the switch you can put the modules in the switch box, it's a struggle in a 25mm box but it can be done. If it's loop at the Rose then you need to lift a floorboard (or use one of them armeg hole cutters with the metal plates on a chipboard floor) to put the module in a wiska box (or similar).

It's not just for lighting, if you want to control it, zwave can do it. Cctv, velux/fakro windows and blinds, TVs, security, locks... the list is always growing. Good place to have a look at what modules are available is Latest Z-Wave Products at Affordable Prices | Vesternet - http://www.vesternet.com/smart-home/technologies/z-wave

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. peterl3986

peterl3986 EF Member

Business Name:
    Lyttle Sparks Ni
    Hello,

I am a Loxone registered partner, I have found that Loxone are very helpful and the course was very good as I learnt a lot about working with there system. There is also the networking side of things as you get to meet a lot of new people and pick up a lot of info from them and there experiences. As I'm an engineer by trade I found there experiences interesting and learnt a few new things too.

I don't believe the course is for everyone as some people will not like the programming side of the install. This is the side I prefer but not every bodies cup of tea.

You can contact partners in your area and they should be able to give you more info and there names can be found on the Loxone site. I don't know anything about the other types of system the other members are talking about but I believe the system is very good but that's just my own opinion.

I believe if you want a smart home then you want a complete smart home and not a normal home which can be set up to be smart. (my opinion) but as for miniserver crashing I worked with them a lot on the course and never once did they crash even with us constantly loading and reloading info onto them.

This type of system is exactly like a PLC system which are fitted in many factories and once set up then they are extremely reliable.

Peter