Discuss any small electronics sparks here? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

Hi. I want to know if it would be possible to adapt an 18million candlepower search lamp so it has a dimmer switch as they don't make them with dimmers. Its 12v DC. I'm not bothered about it having a rough finish as its only for me when I'm shooting pigeon and rabbit at night for local farmers
Cheers.

I take it you're looking at 55/60 watts? That's a hell of a size of variable resistor and you'll need it on a heat sink to dissipate it's heat.
I've seen led torches/headlamps that are dimmable that have a 100m range, would that not be suitable?

I was just about to post a picture and some more details and realised that it has two settings one for 5million candlepower and another for 18million candlepower. I should learn to "look harder" at ALL the details! Sorry to have wasted your valuable drinking time chaps!

I was just about to post a picture and some more details and realised that it has two settings one for 5million candlepower and another for 18million candlepower. I should learn to "look harder" at ALL the details! Sorry to have wasted your valuable drinking time chaps!

so it;s bright, handled by not so bright. :biggrin5:

Get a Ledlenser X7,adapt it to your weapon,it has several features,including half power dimming. I have one for the fox job,it is comparable to lamping kit of yesteryear,but is tiny.
Failing that,camo-up,and face your quarry in daylight,like a true hero...:icon12:

Reply to any small electronics sparks here? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

First post on here, but i'm honesty at my wits end! I installed four Lutron in-line dimmers about 9 months ago, all on the same new lighting...
Replies
Views
Good evening ladies and gents, I'm an adult of 27 who is finally taking the plunge into the electrical industry, and from what i can see have a...
Replies
Views
E
As I lack practical experience and recently failed to impress NICEIC into Registering me, I thought I could build my own test rig then test the...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
E
Hi guys, got a problem in the hotel yesterday which I could do with a little help on. Late last year a local company came and installed 2 dimmer...
Replies
Views
WDMDL
W

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock