Discuss Anybody know of a tool tether supplier? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris Adams

Hello

We have just secured a contract where the main contractor is enforcing tool tethering for everybody going on site...

Does anyboady know of a good supplier for these things?

If so, could you let us know?

Cheers - Chris

may be worth asking in a good climbing store. get a harness, rope, carabiners etc and you sorted...
b9e741e722fc53974f2bda900c6bcd19.jpg

with this and your sorted, im using the paracord as laces atm, i have tied ladders etc to the roof of the van with some as well

83bb855d47b56cdaa224b0ba2fce0c06.jpg

550 is the strength e.g. 550lb/250kg in this case

Last edited:
Evening guys.

Thanks for your responses. I have checked out Tool@rrest - the drawback with them is that they want to put holes in all my gear to make it "tetherable". I did find some other people who do tool tethering equipment - NLG (www.neverletgo.uk) - they were super helpful, and apparently already work with some electricians - so they knew exactly what we wanted - non-conductive etc. Really impressed with their knowledge...still keeping an open mind about it though - so keep the responses coming in.

Cheers - Chris

may not take long for something to get messed up when every worker on the site will be trailing a web of paracords and lanyards behind him.

Flints theatrical chandlers. A chalk bag on your belt and lanyards for tools has been expected practice in theatre for many years, to the point that quad spanners/podgers etc are manufactured with holes in the handle for this purpose. I'm surprised it's not more common in construction.

Hi Chris. Tool@rrest do not drill through VDE Tools. If it is VDE tools that you are tethering a system is attached to the tool without drilling the tool that incorporates a webbing lanyard to the tool and tether to ensure that there are no metal components near the tool. For standard tools we do drill through the tool but this is done with a fully rated plyable tool tether that goes through the tool. Please be sure that the Tool Tethers that attach to the arm of the tool are not attached to dipped handled tools. Should the plastic coating of the tool detach from the tool under a dynamic load, the tool tether will go with it keeping the tether attached to the lanyard and still allowing the tool to fall.

Reply to Anybody know of a tool tether supplier? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net