Discuss Anyone tried pavement signs? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cal_dood

Just wondering if anyone has used a pavement sign to try get more business?

Ive been thinking of flyering too, and ive got money for both, but no point wasting it on the sign if its not gonna work ;)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Just wondering if anyone has used a pavement sign to try get more business?

Ive been thinking of flyering too, and ive got money for both, but no point wasting it on the sign if its not gonna work ;)

What do you mean pavement signs, if you are talking about the A frame type watch out as unless you have permission from the council they will do you for it as obstructing the pavement.

Yeahh, I werent too sure if you were aloud to just put one out, ill try find out if the council will let me put it outside my house (its on a main road)

as far as a 'permanent' advertising sign - so long as it's on your land you're more or less ok, so if it's your wall no problem.

I have got a few A1 size full-colour boards, like builders ones, to leave outside domestic properties when doing rewires etc and they do seem to work. Cost me £10 each, I think, and must have generated the other side of £20k by now.

Where would you put a board matt??

And thanks for the post office suggestion, I've thought about that before but never got round to It :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

I usually put one by the drive on the boundary line, never had a problem with council...you can always take it home each night if you are worried...always check client is happy for you too put one out, thay usually are, btw some post offices/ shops are a lot better than others I posted the lot in my area and found one was quite good, the rest wherent, you do need to ask new leads how they found out about you tho.

The council can still do you for putting up signs on your own business wall.....and for putting up a sign on wooden posts on your own ground....and any leaflets/flyers handed out by students like a lot of people get done (ever been handed a leaflet about a shop or restaurant in the high street?) can also get you done if a lot of people go "nah" and drop them on the pavement/street as the local busybodies will pick up and see your name on them....and infer that you caused the generation of the litter.......that takes a street traders license or a bill posters license and written consent from the council as well as the owners of the shops/businesses immediately next to where the flyers get handed out.....can even now get done for "unsolicited junk-mail" by putting in letterboxes...they cant touch you for getting them folded into newspapers at the local paper shop or if the person handing out leaflets is inside a shopping center...and as long as you don't breach the ASA (advertising standards agency) regulations, nobody can say anything about internet adverts put on locally with keywords for your area etc...
watch out for those jet washed adverts done on grimey walls and pavements with a stencil and a pressure washer....those are being classed as vandalism...

Reply to Anyone tried pavement signs? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net