• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Appendix 15 (Informative) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The load current of the circuit should be unlikely to exceed for long periods the current carrying capacity of the cable (regulation 433.1.204). This can generally be achieved by:
(i).....

(ii) not supplying immersion heaters.....

(iii) connecting cookers, ovens, and hobs with a power exceeding 2kW on their own dedicated circuit.

Now a timer that supplies a 2kW immersion heater, programmed to come on for one hour in the early hours, has been fitted to a FCU that is spurred off a RFC.

Am I being unreasonable in insisting a new circuit is run in for the immersion?

You are a more powerful electrician than me,I can only suggest to people what they should do,if I did insist my clients may tell me with words to the effect of "walk gingerly out of the door"

On a new installation,given the circumstances I would also be concerned about the rest of the installation
A fine tooth Comb may be required

You are a more powerful electrician than me,I can only suggest to people what they should do,if I did insist my clients may tell me with words to the effect of "walk gingerly out of the door"

On a new installation,given the circumstances I would also be concerned about the rest of the installation
A fine tooth Comb may be required

Embarrassingly, this has been picked as a QS review issue, the insistence is for us to put this right.

The rest of the install was not done by us.

My own opinion is that an immersion on an RFC is OK if the immersion is only used as a back-up for the main DHW heating system (eg a boiler).

If it is the primary herating source then a separate circuit is needed.

The often misunderstood App 15 is informative and for guidance only. But some QS have their own particular bees in their bonnets, so you may have a hard time.

Reply to Appendix 15 (Informative) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back