Discuss Automatic lighting for an enclosed bin store in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I have searched online, have a few ideas, but I'm getting old...
Basically, I have a bin store which has light on the ceiling...you can use the switch to put the light on, but only when the entrance lights are on...they are on a Sangamo timer.
I can easily lead a permanent feed to the bin store, so I intend to fit a simple LED batten in there, which comes on when anyone enters.
What I would like is a recommendation for an LED batten light which incorporates a sensor, PIR or Microwave, so that when a resident goes to deposit rubbish, the light comes on for, say, one minute, while they dump the rubbish, then goes off til the next time.
I know...lots of ways to do this...but if possible, I'd like to do it with a lamp with integral PIR or microwave sensor, rather than wiring a lamp plus an external sensor
Please let me know how you would fit this...so many options, so I just want a simple one!
Thanks!

I'll start with this, I may update the selection later;
Problem is apart from Dawn to dusk is people will "Borrow " it and forget to bring it back..

2 problems I can see with this one, out of stock and not cheap and possibly the "Borrow" issue

In stock but still has the other issues.

Possibly a winner🥳

Last edited:
Like the look of that Seran LED Eyelid one, thanks!
Yes, @little spark...but they would forget, or the batteries would run down!

screwfix do a dome light with built in sensor.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/lap-a...-with-microwave-sensor-white-16w-1200lm/900fx

Thanks tel...that looks like an easy option for me...

So...2 good ideas already...I'll report back!

many thanks for responding

Cef sell tamlite/xcite vapourproof fittings with integrated microwave sensor. Don't often promote cef materials but I was supplied them for a job and thought they were impressive.

Have a look at these...do 3 sizes

I'll start with this, I may update the selection later;
Problem is apart from Dawn to dusk is people will "Borrow " it and forget to bring it back..

2 problems I can see with this one, out of stock and not cheap and possibly the "Borrow" issue

In stock but still has the other issues.

Possibly a winner🥳

Do you know anywhere that does a dual light level dusk till dawn lamp

Do you mean a hi-lo?
Maybe like this:
The client already has the light fitting just need a dual level lamp with a dusk till dawn and security sensor....Thanks for reply

Reply to Automatic lighting for an enclosed bin store in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net