Discuss Baseboard heater periodic buzzing when maintaining set room temperature in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
A baseboard heater in my house emits a short buzzing sound every 30 seconds. It seems to happen only when the room is near the temperature I've set on my thermostat, that is, only when the heater is keeping the room at a certain temperature, and not when it's working hard to raise the temperature.

Only two on them "buzz" while the other are OK.

Does anyone know how to keep the heater quiet ?

Thanks !

EDIT: Similar problem on this forum and the person says to check the relay ? What exactly should I check ? How to fix baseboard header periodic buzzing - https://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/189742/how-to-fix-baseboard-header-periodic-buzzing

TL;DR
Baseboard heater buzzing when maintaining set room temp, how to stop the noise ?
More information !

I have 2 smart thermostats that controls two heaters (one each). The walls are closed and it is a 50 years old house and I cannot say if the is a relay or not (I do not think so). I only see the wire coming out of the wall and plugging into the heater. See the photos attached.

The heaters are almost new (2 years old). Wattage must be around 1500-2000W each, and I have two of them in the basement. Both are buzzing when going on/off at set temperature, but not during heavy heating.
View attachment 742409

View attachment 742407View attachment 742408

Reply to Baseboard heater periodic buzzing when maintaining set room temperature in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
Hello, newbie here and thank you all very much in advance. I have two 8’ electric baseboard heaters in my living room. Both are on the same...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m not an electrician and I have a question in relation to Dimplex Duo300n. Some background information: a couple of months ago I have...
Replies
Views
I really hope someone can help me. Last July I got an electricity bill showing an enormous rise in my kwh consumption of about 900% from what it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have quite an old Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz water heating system in my flat (installed around 2007). It's been working fine until the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock