Currently reading:
Basic Electrical Formulas????

Discuss Basic Electrical Formulas???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I = V / R (ohm's law)

current (I) is equal to Voltage (V) over Resistance (R)

P = V x I

Power (P) is equal to Voltage times Current.

Units of measurement:

Voltage = Volts (V)
Current = Amps (I)
Resistance = Ohms (R)
Power = Watts (P)

The most important is ohms law. V=IR or I= V/R or R=V/I
there are other versions of it, where the R is called different things according to the application but the theory is the same.
this may sound really stupid, but how do you work out how many amps is allowed on one cable? i dont understand how you work out the amount of amps allowed on a certain size cable

Hey bud, you should join the apprentice/trainee section. Here's where you join:

http://www.electriciansforums.net/apply-gain-access-trainee-only-forum/

Start a new thread and use this template:

Your Details
Your Full Name:

Your Address:
Your Telephone Number:

Training Details
Training Providers Name:
Training Providers Address:
Course(s) you are taking with the Provider:
Date the Courses/Training Started:
Date the Courses/Training Should Be Completed:
Qualification(s) Gained Once Completed:

Powerformula.jpg

Hey bud, you should join the apprentice/trainee section. Here's where you join:

http://www.electriciansforums.net/apply-gain-access-trainee-only-forum/

Start a new thread and use this template:

Your Details
Your Full Name:

Your Address:
Your Telephone Number:

Training Details
Training Providers Name:
Training Providers Address:
Course(s) you are taking with the Provider:
Date the Courses/Training Started:
Date the Courses/Training Should Be Completed:
Qualification(s) Gained Once Completed:
thanks ill have a look now mate

- - - Updated - - -

New phone screensaver maybe? haha

and just to be pedantic, it's formulae, not formulas. didn't they teach you latin at school? :ack2:

noise from apprentices is only allowed when they smash their hand with a lump hammer. and that is only if we have a video recorder of some sort handy.

I think the job that bit me in the --- was when I had two apprentices and the builder had 2 apprentices all similar age, they were all fighting to be top dog. I was a broke man by the end. I do admit a bit of lip is alright but too much is just annoying. Very fine line. Whilst I'm on it what I find worse is when you have one who thinks they know everything! Left one last week who is about to come out his time to connect a 24v door closer up but in his wisdom connected it to an old 230v spur next to it and wondered why the doors were smoking!

haha and throw pipe that they've bent

but we can throw galv. conduit back. comes a lot keener round the earhole than that flimsy copper rubbish. anyway most of 'em use plastic pipe now. there's a good reason for that. copper comes in 3m lengths, plastic comes in 25m. far more material for them to bugger up.

Reply to Basic Electrical Formulas???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock