Discuss Bathroom extractor fans and 3 pole isolation: A source of much controversy in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

sod all this fan crap. open the window and fart. steam and methane mix and blow out the window. sorted.

This is a tangent of this subject . Has anyone managed to wire a Vort Quadro micro 100 fan that has actually worked . Checked checked and checked again my wiring and all is as it should be . Power at fan wen isolator switched , switched line atfa when light pull err pulled . Brand new out of box . Diagrams are a bit weird aswell

They look straightforward for wiring, neutral to neutral, permanent line to line, switched line to 3, connect 4 and 6 for high speed or 5 and 6 for low speed; unless you have seven terminals and a capacitor in which case 4 or 5 are connected to permanent line.
Vort UK two speed wiring.jpg

Freaking heck i'm gonna get my hard hat on ! Thought it was a forum not a boxing ring lol

Just had an issue about ventilation fans in bathrooms and looks like my solution is going to be to fit a DP secret key switch with fuse on a grid switch with the faceplate engraved "Bathroom Ventilation" it's going to be located in the adjacent store cupboard and wired onto the lighting circuit so tenants are disuaded from turning the CB off.
The fan has humidistat and pull cord overide so no issues with over run.

Not trawling though the rest of this but the solution above does not meet the requirements of a isolator.

Reply to Bathroom extractor fans and 3 pole isolation: A source of much controversy in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net