Currently reading:
Brexit. We’re out!

Discuss Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

They got our new sub hunter planes; we’ll want them back. Will all our Scottish chums living in England & Wales have to apply to indefinite leave to remain ?

You can just feel the love, why would anyone want to leave such an open warm union of equals?

When (not if) Scotland leaves the UK the former UK (fUK) will survive very well and may thrive despite the dire warnings of those pesky professionals.

The longer we wait for a referendum the worse it gets for the UK, if Boris had a brain he would call the Scottish Government's bluff and have it very soon- before the Brexit chaos kicked in.
The demographic is changing younger people are very pro indy whilst older ones (above 75) are the opposite. The ones at that age are not here for the long term and every year about 40,000 people die in Scotland.
Most of these people are NO voters and the clock is ticking

As things stand now the indyref is 50% pro indy at WORST, a referendum campaign and the UK union media onslaught might drop that a little but the numbers of yessers in the yes movement will help.
Remember the opinion polls do not canvass 16-17 year olds who are very pro indy so that will add 1%-2% to the total (minimum)
[automerge]1580996368[/automerge]
There will be a trade deal with the UK when Scotland leaves

I am certain of that as Scotland produces around double the electricity it uses, 5 times the oil and about 6 times the gas it uses.

If the UK decide 'no deal' the lights may go out down south, sense will probably prevail.

When UK politicians allude to a hard deal on Scottish independence they really have not looked in to the facts

Ireland have added 2 ferry routes from Cork to France and Spain to miss out the UK, the Scottish Government are looking at Rosyth for the same reason.

Last edited:
The problem you're going to have with your indy referendum is the same as we had with the EU referendum, which is that the vote will probably not be far off 50/50. Fundamentally that means no matter what the outcome, a hell of a lot of people won't be happy

You can just feel the love, why would anyone want to leave such an open warm union of equals?

When (not if) Scotland leaves the UK the former UK (fUK) will survive very well and may thrive despite the dire warnings of those pesky professionals.

The longer we wait for a referendum the worse it gets for the UK, if Boris had a brain he would call the Scottish Government's bluff and have it very soon- before the Brexit chaos kicked in.
The demographic is changing younger people are very pro indy whilst older ones (above 75) are the opposite. The ones at that age are not here for the long term and every year about 40,000 people die in Scotland.

As things stand now the indyref is 50% pro indy at WORST, a referendum campaign and the UK union media onslaught might drop that a little but the numbers of yessers in the yes movement will help.
Remember the opinion polls do not canvass 16-17 year olds who are very pro indy so that will add 1%-2% to the total (minimum)
[automerge]1580996368[/automerge]
There will be a trade deal with the UK when Scotland leaves

I am certain of that as Scotland produces around double the electricity it uses, 5 times the oil and about 6 times the gas it uses.

If the UK decide 'no deal' the lights may go out down south, sense will probably prevail.

When UK politicians allude to a hard deal on Scottish independence they really have not looked in to the facts

Ireland have added 2 ferry routes from Cork to France and Spain to miss out the UK, the Scottish Government are looking at Rosyth for the same reason.

I love Scottish people’s, not just all of them. ?

The problem you're going to have with your indy referendum is the same as we had with the EU referendum, which is that the vote will probably not be far off 50/50. Fundamentally that means no matter what the outcome, a hell of a lot of people won't be happy

I disagree- the amount of people who have went from No to Yes is quite a lot
People remember the 'vow' and the 'near federalism'

They remember the promise to build the frigates

Press and Journal (anti SNP paper)

yeah I can see that happening bobbing around in the water for a couple of days ,short distance hull for me .

The point of the route is that it will be inside the EU so will have very few trade barriers, it also gives an alternative to ports inside the rest of the UK which could have barriers / delays, the UK needs to be inside the customs union to have tariff free access

It is a bit strange that after Brexit is finalised Turkey will have better access to the EU market than the UK

It's a shame we can't have a 2nd referendum just to get all this rubbish out of the way.

Edit: I mean Scottish independence referendum

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...http:/ /navalshipbuilding.co.uk/supply-chain/
pull out from Scotland you haven't got a chance .
[automerge]1580998492[/automerge]
It's a shame we can't have a 2nd referendum
not another JC ,had it got over it or would you have communist corbum for a pm ,the people made a mark on the ballet paper . we have left . this country needs to get a grip with this rebellion .

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...http:/ /navalshipbuilding.co.uk/supply-chain/
pull out from Scotland you haven't got a chance .
[automerge]1580998492[/automerge]
not another JC ,had it got over it or would you have communist corbum for a pm ,the people made a mark on the ballet paper . we have left . this country needs to get a grip with this rebellion .

Sorry buzz, wasn't very clear there, I meant a Scottish independence referendum. With a result that we stay as a union and we can get on with things again.

what makes me laugh is most of the scots have the English blood flowing through their blood any way :eek: bloody half breeds .lol. ;)
[automerge]1581000500[/automerge]
bad news for her majesty Marie queen of mc govern.

Last edited:
So Alex salmond wasn’t the only pest in the snp....

Can I just say one more thing. I get a little irked when my English comrades on here say that Scots want to leave the UK, or the Scottish want independence.... No, we don’t!
According to the last referendum, only a minority of Scottish would like independence. Please stop thinking that ALL Scottish, the entire population, want the same thing.

Well done, Buzz. I can actually understand what you’re on about. ;)

we all know exactly what she wants. She never shuts up about it. And she’ll keep going on about it until she gets what she wants.

People are surprised that the SNP want independence- are people aware that bears defecate in the woods?

The SNP are a means to an end

As far as Derek McKay yesterday- he should resign from the SNP and the government. He should also resign as a MSP and create a by-election.

This stuff is not on

SNP getting on with the day job again
Removing tax breaks from private schools (remember state schools don't get them at all)

Very shortsighted decision... made for reasons of political ideology rather than economic sense. We should be encouraging as many kids into private education as we can !! Each one saves the taxpayer about £6.2k per year on average !! Yet more expense for the good old taxpayer with bottomless pockets !
[automerge]1581102303[/automerge]
Schoolboy error... what you've totally overlooked is that as we get older, we get wiser... that's why older people will tend to vote for keeping the Union together. The only way your logic makes sense if is you drastically change the 'age profile' of the voters... i.e. the number of young-sters becomes proportionately higher than the number of older-sters !

The chances are that todays 16 yo kids who vote to break up the union, will grown into older people that understand how it all works and vote to keep it together !

Last edited:
Very shortsighted decision... made for reasons of political ideology rather than economic sense. We should be encouraging as many kids into private education as we can !! Each one saves the taxpayer about £6.2k per year on average !! Yet more expense for the good old taxpayer with bottomless pockets !
[automerge]1581102303[/automerge]

Schoolboy error... what you've totally overlooked is that as we get older, we get wiser... that's why older people will tend to vote for keeping the Union together. The only way your logic makes sense if is you drastically change the 'age profile' of the voters... i.e. the number of young-sters becomes proportionately higher than the number of older-sters !

The chances are that todays 16 yo kids who vote to break up the union, will grown into older people that understand how it all works and vote to keep it together !

I think the Scottish Government are correct about private schools- why should my tax subsidise private schools by giving them vat exemption because they have charitable status.
If people wish to send their kids to private schools then I am happy for them to do so- it has to be an level playing field - all public schools do not have charitable status so why should these private schools be subsidised?

There is only a partial truth in the fact that we get more conservative as we get older.
The numbers compared to last time are vastly different
In 2014 the over 70's were over 70% NO voters, people from 55-65 were NO by a smaller margin, now the over 70's are still no but the 50-60 group are now YES by a small margin, this is a sea change in attitude.

QUOTE="baldelectrician, post: 1605027, member: 31290"] I do not agree with unfair wage competition driving wages down but we have that already - look at the shops etc that pay such low wages people need tax credits / universal credit and food banks to help people. The problem there was not the EU but the UK state promoting zero hours contracts and a low wage economy

I Disagree. I worked in London for many years and found the influx of “Eastern European“ labour drove down the wages in many industries due to over flooding of the job market. Employers knew that they could offer or get guys in to do menial and risky jobs. Remarking “If you won’t do it, there’s blokes queuing who will”. At the time I remember speaking with many Eastern Europeans at the job site. They remarked that they were used and abused by Their employers and some paying them next to nothing for extremely long hours. It started becoming a race to the bottom. Now I’m not blaming the predominant East Europeans. But having large influxes of working class labour saturating the job market can only lead to higher competition. In doing so people get desperate and drop rates.

In Australia we have Skill shortage lists And that’s dependant on individual states. Electricians have been removed by 3 states for the first time Due to lack of construction and a slow down in mining. Would EU Britain do the same? I wouldn’t think so... Keep coming in Lads.

I think the Scottish Government are correct about private schools- why should my tax subsidise private schools by giving them vat exemption because they have charitable status.
You still don't get it... Each child that goes to a private school SAVES the taxpayer about £6.2k each year because that's roughly the cost of state education (it varies alot over the country, and I really can't be arsed to research what it is in your area)

So... for a child that goes to private school... we SAVE £6.2k... OR we give a private school a VAT advantage of about £2k per year (say £9k per year net with £2k VAT)

So... would you rather spend £6.2k or spend £2k ??? I know what I'd rather do...

So... in theory you pay LESS TAX if a child goes to private school !!

Reply to Brexit. We’re out! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back