Search the forum,

Discuss Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,
The only fight happening is the Tories fighting amoungst themselves.
But don't worry, they will all fall in line tonight to protect their party, their jobs and the interests of their friends and backers.

People’s Vote Please. 30 years of anti European rhetoric in the press have tainted people’s views and the sensible people who voted Brexit will now realise that they’ve been subject to a big con :) Rule Britannia part of an inclusive European community.

Here lies the problem, there has not been 30yrs of anti-European rhetoric as you put it, there has been select events like joining the Euro etc than reached the public ear but not until the referendum did the public really get any idea how the EU effected the UK.

Your comment 'sensible people who voted Brexit will realise that they've been subject to a big con' ... give examples please and cite your reasoning, sweeping statements and accusation occur on both sides but one thing that has been realised is this 'Trade Group' which we joined and were promised became something else we never signed up to, the lies were very much been imposed on the EU member states while their powers and democratic rights were eroded, I can cite many instances where this can easily be shown and the EU's denial and ignorance or members democratic votes is historically documented, when you openly deny a member states democratic rights we call that a dictatorship.

Your last comment makes no sense - been part of an inclusive European community, we are leaving the EU not Europe, our place as a European country remains the same.

Don’t actually see what we’ll gain by leaving the EU.
we get out fishing grounds back from the frogs and the dons.
we get to make laws for the UK in the UK, not in sprout land
we get something like £350m per week saved which we can squander ourselves instead of some foreign snowflake projects that only benefit lawyers, MEPs and various other snouts in the EU money trough.
we have some say on who we let into the UK.

i could go on...........but I.m working on a project to close the channel tunnel.

Don’t actually see what we’ll gain by leaving the EU.
Adding on to Tels list and not repeating them, at present this so called FREE trade deal is far from it, we are subject to heavy tariffs on things like food, clothing and footwear etc, these are essential items so it is a burden on the poor, when we leave we can arrange free trade deals with other nations and reduce these costs dramatically which will benefit the poorest in society.
We will no longer be in a ringfenced trade group, the negatives of been in this group are artificially high prices, lower quality and lower wages. When we organise new trade deals that will subject the EU to competition it cannot control which it does now, this will drive better deals for us and better quality products as a consequence.
Edit - I'll add that we can make our own laws to suit our own country and will not be subject to laws that benefit other nations at our cost just because we happen to be one of the biggest EU contributors.

Last edited:

Reply to Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net