Discuss Business Growth and Advertising in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HI Guy's.

This is mainly to the guys who are running there own business.

Just completed my first year accounts well 10 months worth.
Started with no client base or contacts so has been a hard getting work in but still standing and wanting to move forward and grow.

What do you all look for in growth of your company and profit each year.( 20%, 30% 50%) Yes idea world would be 100% every year. I know everyone is different and have different needs but be good to see what everyone had in there first 5 years growth wise if they can remember that is? I like to set my targets and goals to keep my focus and even more so for when the hard days and no work is there to see it has been worth it and look back and see where it started and progressed to if it has.

Also where do you find the best source of work load comes from. I know word of mouth will be the top once you past the 3 to 5 years and have built a strong client base who will recommend your work load.

Do leaflet drops work ( is it promotional or just your company details)
Buying leads from various sites.
Facebook
Y,ll
Tho.pson

Thanks

Neil

about 80 % of my works comes from referrals and word of mouth - the remaining 20% from very local advertising. Most of my internet enquiries are a waste of time.

As for growth - don't be over ambitious - completed jobs, means happy clients, happy clients, means referrals.

Having to much work means letting people down.

Never bothered with face ache, yoll, check a conman, etc etc

Year 1 is about making a profit and getting yourself established ..... year 2 is building on that, the same thereafter.

You can only achieve serious growth year on year if you employ decent people.

I concur with Murdoch.

Most is referrals and people seeing your vans about also help. Internet was good but now is just full of people wanting cheap cheap cheap and stuff doing tomorrow.

Facebook - Does work for some, my good friend James exclusively used facebook ads to build his company.
Yell - Don't touch! No body uses them and they lie and con.
Thompson - See Yell!

Don't get too big too soon!!!! DON'T! seen so many people think their the next Peter Jones and the "next big thing" then it all goes to pot.

Was a bit spooky when I saw the name as our business was born out of the remains of a company with the same name (well services not solutions), when the gaffer (Mr Sims) retired.

Thanks guys. Just have to suck it up and let it grow at is own pace. I have the sign written Van ( News a freshin up to stand out as very basic just now) and the logod work wear. Not interested in not being around in 15 years as crashed and burned to quick.
I started out on my own around July last year and was initially finding it difficult, as around here is awash with electricians.
At the moment, I am getting word of mouth referrals and this is going better than any other advertising I'm doing. A cooker hood replacement led to another job- which was replacing all sockets and fittings in a three bedroom house. Both customers worked for CAB ,(although I didn't know that at the time.) Doing good jobs for them has led to even more jobs.

good to see others think the same re other companies that phone to help advertise.
I say to them well you found it ok why do I need you ?
brrrrrrrrr is the next sound i hear lol

Reply to Business Growth and Advertising in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net