Search the forum,

Discuss Cable and MCB size for oven and hob in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good afternoon.
I'm fitting a new kitchen with a new hob and oven. I hope to use just 1 isolation switch for both appliances. Together the wattage size is almost 11kW.
Do I need 10mm cable with a 50A MCB?
Is that right?
Thanks.

nope. you need a 6mm cable on a 32A breaker, 45A cooker switch, dual outlet to both appliances.

Might be good to post the details of the appliances, just to be doubly sure. But as everyone has already said, typically 32A supply should suffice.

Great thanks.
The appliances are a Neff N70 hob and Neff N70 oven.
Does the manufacturer specify anything, other than the norm 'consult a qualified electrician'?

From my quick googling, it would be ok, as long as the cooker control doesn't have a socket outlets. Its 9.3kW for the hob, 3.45kW for the oven?

Last edited:

Reply to Cable and MCB size for oven and hob in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Hello All. I'm quite new to this game and gaining experience, but going well in the main. My customer wants to feed a Hob ( on island in centre...
Replies
Views
Hi, searched the forum but cant locate anything similar so apologies if ive missed something. Ive got a new hob to install in the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, On a job at the moment and trying to Work out cable size needed for property supply. Lots going on and struggle to work out...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm about to replace our kitchen and one of the upgrades is to install two full size ovens to replace the original twin over under...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock