Discuss Campaign for an electrician's licence scheme...Please Read... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Seriously doubt that a licence for Electricians will stop the Cowboys or Joe blogs down the road from doing Electrical work. No matter what license you have there will still be Cowboys doing work, they have Licensed Electricians in America & it sure has'nt stopped the butchers doing Electrics. Not only that but how is this Licence going to work to stop the Qualified Cowboy ? Don't know about you but i've seen many bad / dangerous jobs carried out by fully qualified Electricians, how is any License going to stop them ?.

In Australia mate the licencing works fine! If your house burns down and it's proven to be electrical then the insurance pay out....provided the work is registered to a licenced sparky! If not then no pay out, surprising how many people won't use a an unlicensed spark over here! And by licensed I mean fully qualified and competent, having passed the exams and tests required and renewing every 5 years!

In Australia mate the licencing works fine! If your house burns down and it's proven to be electrical then the insurance pay out....provided the work is registered to a licenced sparky! If not then no pay out, surprising how many people won't use a an unlicensed spark over here! And by licensed I mean fully qualified and competent, having passed the exams and tests required and renewing every 5 years!

THIS IS NOT AUSTRALIA, IT IS VERY DIFFERENT OVER HERE, this place is a lot more expensive for everything and the standards of living and employment are quite a bit lower.

If the Licence comes in here, a lot of UK sparks (providing access is allowed with immigration quotas) will end up moving to Australia......then there will be less work for your lot.....but I don't think they will allow that many more people in, unlike here where it is an open door with hundreds of thousands of new people coming in every year and mostly staying long term...sending their wages abroad...

THIS IS NOT AUSTRALIA, IT IS VERY DIFFERENT OVER HERE, this place is a lot more expensive for everything and the standards of living and employment are quite a bit lower.

If the Licence comes in here, a lot of UK sparks (providing access is allowed with immigration quotas) will end up moving to Australia......then there will be less work for your lot.....but I don't think they will allow that many more people in, unlike here where it is an open door with hundreds of thousands of new people coming in every year and mostly staying long term...sending their wages abroad...

I know it's not Australia where you are! :smile: I am an immigrant myself over here, came over about 5 years ago from UK as I could see how low the country had got and see it still hadn't bottomed out even then! The whole point of the licence system is to act as a deterrent for those who are not qualified! You have to have your quals verified over here and then go through the mill of testing your knowledge and skills! Unlike UK they won't just let any dross in, still you've always got the choice of going across the water and working in the EU(SSR)!

Reply to Campaign for an electrician's licence scheme...Please Read... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net