Discuss Can anyone top this for a really bad day? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

millwall ken

Hi all,
Whatta day, turned up for work this morning only to be told that twenty of us are DCM'ed (Don't Come Monday) - pumped, laid off, RTUed, platform four, no longer needed, call it what you will. Anyway, can't say that I was too impressed as we was under the impression that the firm that was subbing off of my employer, would go first. No it was the usual story of last in, first out. Now I was working for my firm on a self employed basis unfortunately. But hey I'm a big boy, and its happened before and it will happen again.

Anyway, I thought I'd get my tools and sit in the site canteen until the rush hour (3 hours) stops on the London Underground and Train Network, as I didn't fancy struggling though central London laden with Tools, 12v Battery Drill, 110v Drill, 2 extension leads, a splitter box, heavy duty crimpers, and heavy duty bolt cutters, and gym kit; now, I don't drive and to be honest working in London you don't need to as there is a good transport system believe it or not.
However, the missus called me while I was sat in the canteen (for all of 5 minutes), she had just finished a night shift and... yes, you've guessed it was waiting to get indoors as I had the only keys - I broke mine the other day and did intend to get a key cut on saturday.
'Oh ****', thinks I. Now you've got to bear in mind that she gave me this wonderful piece of information AFTER I had told her about the work situation!!!
So that was it, I was gonna have to get a Mini Cab home during rush hour - as I thought to myself, that 'I've got too much stuff, to carry home'.
However, Mr Murphy (of Murphy's law fame), gave me a size 12 right up the backside at the cash machine, because I only had a fiver to my name and my bank card was sitting on the sideboard at home, because I had forgotten to put it back into my wallet last night, after paying for something online.
So there was only one thing for it then, either wait for the missus to drive across London to pick me up - a bit unfair I thought; as she had just finished a 12 hour shift, or get the tube and train home.
So off I went to the tube station, and managed to squeeze myself onto an already packed tube train. Now the fun started, I got off at London Bridge underground station and moved over to the wall, so that I wouldn't have to struggle thought crowds carrying all my gear. I thought to myself, 'just wait here until the platform clears', then I could have a nice stroll up the stairs and esculators before the next packed train arrives. Done that, and managed to get onto the concourse for the mainline services.

NOW the problem, my train home was leaving in 7 minutes time, or I would have to wait 20 - 30 minutes for the next one. So I thought to myself 'no, go for it', and started to wade though the oncoming Zombies to get to the train. Next thing BANG!!! This man mountain of a suit (I'm 5' 7, and would of had to of jumped to nut him in the ********) walks straight into me, then he had the cheek to call me a ****'. I was so shocked at his attitude, as he was the one who clattered into me.
'**** off, you Mug' I replied in kind. And I asked him how it was my fault, when he could clearly see that I was carrying so much gear? This **** head then shoved me in the chest.
So now I was fuming, and ready to jump up and bite him on the nuts and then pummell his pretty boy face, as I was a fair boxer in my youth and the army. So, I dropped all of my stuff with the intention of doing just that. Thats when a hand grabbed my shoulder. Said hand belonged to a member of the British Transport Police. Who told us both to grow up and go our seperate ways.
So I went and got on my train, and had to get off of it in the soaking rain and walk down a flight of stairs - the last three I managed to slip down on my backside. Anyway, I exited the train station and crossed the road to where the missus was waiting for me, and straight into a pot hole that had become a 7 inch puddle.
Whatta day.

after that, things can only get better!!!!

Well hopefully it cant get any worse. Tube????? Being ex Army thought "on the bus...off the bus" is what you would have been used too.............

Well hopefully it cant get any worse. Tube????? Being ex Army thought "on the bus...off the bus" is what you would have been used too.............
Well I thought I'd look after the boy (a two year old), while the missus got some kip, instead of taking him to the child minder and he snuck into the kitchen while I was sitting down watching some sort of crap on daytime tv and got the teabags out of the cupboard - as the damn child lock wasn't on, and sat there and ripped a few dozen up and poured them everywhere. My fault.

sweep up the tea, bag it and send it to your ex employe. tell em " have a drink on me"

Lesser men would have crumbled....myself included!!

Just not designed with the right kind temprement to cope with crap like that.

im sure tomorrow cant be as bad as today..

black cat.jpg

then again....lol

Urr what a bunk day! Hope things improve for you tomorrow!

In the meantime, to cheer yourself up; if you've got a cat, get a bit of sellotape and stick it to it's side. Once you've finished laughing, stick it to it's back, and then it's belly. Then it's paw. It's hilarious! If you don't have a cat, look it up on youtube.

HIPPIES: it doesn't hurt the cat they have oily hair so it doesn't stick properly.

I once saw a picture joke, it portrayed utter dejection
There was a newly build boat in the garden,he was sat at the table,he had paint on the table and paint brush in hand
His head was in his hands with the words oh ---- muttered
He had just realised one end of the boat was sticking up the wrong way
The guy was at rock bottom

Your day must have made you feel that utter dejection as well,the only thing I can say is that you have been through a ----- day and survived so be positive,that may have been as bad as it gets

Last edited by a moderator:
any experience that does not kill you makes you stronger!
I have had something happen to me and after that I dont worry
as my old boss said whats the worse they can do? they cant kill you and they cant make you pregnant!
at least you got your kit away, mate of mine was booted out with all his kit on site
luckily he has a friend with some huuuge boltcutters?
and the cheek of old nick

Reply to Can anyone top this for a really bad day? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net