Discuss Cat5 home audio in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Ashley_T04

Hello, right where do i start with this one.......

in my home i have sky,ps4 and my router in a cupboard up stairs with hdmi's,controlling the remotes are magic eyes/apps so far only the main tv is connected up. I am putting a pc in there to run media centre to at least another 2/3 tvs via a 4x4 hdmi matrix.. Now i am looking at getting some ceiling speaks in the living room that i want to connect for audio from the main tv and also sound from the ps4 and the pc i would like to be able to control witch input from that room.. And same again from the other rooms i install the speakers.. Now i have seen something similar controlled by cat5 cable with a small touch screen in each room along with ceiling speakers... I have looked online and can not for the love of money find anything..is their anybody out there that can point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Is there a website for me to check. Yea the system I seen was over 10k but I thought there must be a cheaper one. For a couple of speakers and some cat5 baluns

Last edited:
Thank you will look into that.in simple terms I want something for sound from my tv and also my media pc to each room. But nit sure on the amps and control the sonos system I have seen is based on streaming witch would not be possible for me as the speeds I get are close to dile up

Appreciate the input/feed back people

As you only want basic av distribution it's Cheaper to buy a decent av receiver, control it via phone or tablet. Something like the onkyo 626.

Thank you will look into that.in simple terms I want something for sound from my tv and also my media pc to each room. But nit sure on the amps and control the sonos system I have seen is based on streaming witch would not be possible for me as the speeds I get are close to dile up

Appreciate the input/feed back people
no mate no.

because it will be streaming within your network it will go at 50-300mbp second

it is only when you are steaming over the internet to say a friends house it would be at dialup speeds.

have a quick look on google im not very good at explaining it

Reply to Cat5 home audio in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net