Discuss Ccu in kitchen cupboard in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ICE

Hi guys, other than bad practice is there a reg that states you can't have a ccu in a kitchen cupboard, please see pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 151
nowt wqrong there. seen them under kitchen sinks before now.

More accessble than some ive seen.

Ive been working with a guy that spent 3 days looking for 1.

He got ****ed off so starting from where board was fed from he started taking panels off the wall.

It had been borded over!!!

Shanky and Dazza sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G

CCU has been used interchangeably with CU in the past.
CCU - customers consumer unit
CU - consumer unit
It used to turn up on architects plans and was in some of the text books when I was an apprentice.

I don't think I had heard a cooker switch called a CCU in all the time I was training, we just called them 45A or 32A DP switches.

Seems a bit daft to me really, it doesn't get called a SCU when it is installed as a shower isolator. Or a DSU if it's installed as an isolator for a dimmer.

I don't think I had heard a cooker switch called a CCU in all the time I was training, we just called them 45A or 32A DP switches.

Seems a bit daft to me really, it doesn't get called a SCU when it is installed as a shower isolator. Or a DSU if it's installed as an isolator for a dimmer.

Most of it seems totally bonkers to me these days but that's the way I was taught, I still ask for green sleeving at the wholesalers when its been green and yellow for longer than l care to remember. That's the trouble with abreviations, they can so easily be mistaken for something else.

What's all the fuss about?

From the pictures, that fuse box thing isn't even IN a cupboard - it's in the gap between two cupboards - with a waste bin parked in front of it.

NO different to being in a cupboard under the stairs really.

Don't mention Monica Lewinsky,about the time that particular story came out I was working in Essex and being given the come on by a young lady in the place we worked.Anyway one of the lads I worked with got her in bed,after she'd bout me a meal and several drinks (I wanted her to see things from a male point of view) anyway he does the deed and gives her MY mobile number.The following day I landed back home after a week away when I get a text on my phone, "really enjoyed last night but did nobody tell you it's rude to leave without saying goodbye,love x". The missus went mental even after my mate rang and explained what had happened,now everytime Essex gets mentioned my missus says "oh yeah you had that bird in essex" when I die i,m going to have "I did not have sex with that woman" etched on my headstone

Reply to Ccu in kitchen cupboard in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net