Search the forum,

Discuss Chasing Cables for Shower Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What sort of Domestic Installer can't work in a bathroom or new builds.....you've lost me know are you registered Domestic Installer or not?
I am a qualified Domestic Installer with Part P Qualification, I could do all the work but some of it would need signing off by a fully qualified electrician. I'm not doing any of this myself, I just wanted clarity on the cabling which you've now all helped with. I'm a plumber and I took the Part P to cover the basics in electrical work if I needed it. The shower is a new install not an upgrade. I'm off to bed. thanks again ?
[automerge]1576543426[/automerge]
Or do you mean you can't Notify Building Control and certify work.......
yes - exactly

Please read the regulations carefully before jumping to conclusions
People with bit of knowledge, you employed him on recommendation, first you have to understand how a building is constructed to then understand what he has done to install the cable the way he did, how would you have installed the cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
People with bit of knowledge, you employed him on recommendation, first you have to understand how a building is constructed to then understand what he has done to install the cable the way he did, how would you have installed the cable.
Sorry Phil I don't understand what your saying. And neither am I going to say how I'd install it. I charge for that sort of advice/work, not give it away free on the internet.

In an ideal world, cable through holes drilled in the noggins half way through the wall.... but it’s not ideal is it.

Multi tool or drill to check slots into the wood, so cable lies behind the plasterboard.

If it was a brick wall, cable would be just under the plaster, not 50mm in, and would be rcd protected.... which this circuit will be, being a new circuit in a bathroom.

Reply to Chasing Cables for Shower Advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock