Discuss Check out me cable roller in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Made with two 90 degree angles boxes, 20 and 25 mm conduit with couplers and bushes, ooo yer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 471
Very nice Jimmy, some rubber stops on the feet would finish it off a treat+ stop it slipping or scratching floor.
What's you best time for assembling it, if you don't know go and time yourself.:biggrin5:

put your coils on opposite directions so payoff is at the top on first, bottom on second and so on.... this avoids the wires riding over other coils and reduces chances of tangling :punk:

Excellent tip Darkwood, one I've missed and will help me out no end.

Just an heads up it means the coils are rubbing against each other so good idea to invent a few spacers too either small empty coils or some wood/plastic discs it makes life a lot easier until you got muscles like me ;)

put your coils on opposite directions so payoff is at the top on first, bottom on second and so on.... this avoids the wires riding over other coils and reduces chances of tangling :punk:

This sounded good in theory, though once exercised turned out to be less affective. This was due to the drums rolling in opposit directions which made pulling more difficult. :)

This sounded good in theory, though once exercised turned out to be less affective. This was due to the drums rolling in opposit directions which made pulling more difficult. :)

I said you need to use some discs as spacers in my following post for this exact reason ;)

Good effort.

This used to be one of the first jobs to do on the first day of a large install. Absolute dream for installing singles into trunking runs as you could make the axle to accommodate as many reels as you wanted. We always tried to keep them in the van for future use but they would inevitably get used up for small bits or nipples.

Good effort.

This used to be one of the first jobs to do on the first day of a large install. Absolute dream for installing singles into trunking runs as you could make the axle to accommodate as many reels as you wanted. We always tried to keep them in the van for future use but they would inevitably get used up for small bits or nipples.
Why not get a set of rack-a-tiers

We have bent one set a little.
To be fair it had a 100m 35mm 4c swa drum on it lol

We usually get 5/6 500m belden/yy drums on one quite easily so singles should be fine

Why not get a set of rack-a-tiers

We have bent one set a little.
To be fair it had a 100m 35mm 4c swa drum on it lol

We usually get 5/6 500m belden/yy drums on one quite easily so singles should be fine

Was talking about when I worked doing large commercial jobs for a firm. I am now self employed and mainly do domestic and small commercial so don't really have need for one. When I do, I have one of these unwieldy buggers.....
CableStik_Sys_300.jpg

When we used to do large SWA pulls we invariably used cable jacks with a scaffold pole axle. Until we had a rather large drum that bent the axle, so we had to invest in a 3 inch diameter solid steel pole.

Was talking about when I worked doing large commercial jobs for a firm. I am now self employed and mainly do domestic and small commercial so don't really have need for one. When I do, I have one of these unwieldy buggers.....
View attachment 25473

When we used to do large SWA pulls we invariably used cable jacks with a scaffold pole axle. Until we had a rather large drum that bent the axle, so we had to invest in a 3 inch diameter solid steel pole.
We borrow a pipe off the plumbers on site :)

Doubling them up works nice.

Usually the biggest cable we deal with is 6mm singles or 10mm in domestic.

So 35mm 4c was a nice change

Have used a bit of plastic conduit across the bracers of the steps for one or two rolls of cable and bringing the ends up between the top and the last step, not recommended for anything above 2x 2.5 but usable for most jobs.

Reply to Check out me cable roller in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net