Discuss Chrysler Sebring Weird Problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello everybody
I have a very weird issue with my 2003 sebring (2.7 liter)
It always occurs randomly so i assume it's electrical. Some days the engine runs better/transmission shifts perfectly BUT the instrument panel illumination totally goes. And some other days, instrument lights shine bright perfectly BUT the engine feels slightly sluggish and 1-2 upshift and downshift becomes "bumpy" (1st to 2nd shift feels like someone hits you from behind)
((Btw i cleared almost all of my ground points/added new grounds to engine block, so i think its not about grounds...Also new battery and alternator didnt solve the issue...))
So my question is: What can cause to direct the electricity sometimes more to engine and less to other electrical parts (like instruments or power windows etc..) and sometimes vice versa? Is it a fusebox problem? Pcm? Bad harness?
Please help this poor soul. Thank you

Hello everybody
I have a very weird issue with my 2003 sebring (2.7 liter)
It always occurs randomly so i assume it's electrical. Some days the engine runs better/transmission shifts perfectly BUT the instrument panel illumination totally goes. And some other days, instrument lights shine bright perfectly BUT the engine feels slightly sluggish and 1-2 upshift and downshift becomes "bumpy" (1st to 2nd shift feels like someone hits you from behind)
((Btw i cleared almost all of my ground points/added new grounds to engine block, so i think its not about grounds...Also new battery and alternator didnt solve the issue...))
So my question is: What can cause to direct the electricity sometimes more to engine and less to other electrical parts (like instruments or power windows etc..) and sometimes vice versa? Is it a fusebox problem? Pcm? Bad harness?
Please help this poor soul. Thank you
Not positive, but it could possibly be a bad ground or two. I would start looking at the grounding wire connections. I have owned a lot of D/C/P vehicles & found many bad grounds over the years. On one of my mini vans, I can't remember what the problem was, but it definitely included a faulty ground wire so I added a length of #10 green coated wire inside the engine compartment, and ran it from the battery negative to the shock tower, across to the engine block, then over to the other shock tower, then up the the hood hinge bolt & that solved my grounding problem, without having to pull the car apart & tracing every single ground connection. I know it sounds strange, but it did the job.
It could also be a pinched or rubbing wire someplace in the wire harness causing it or even two wires with bad insulation "crossing" their signals.

Reply to Chrysler Sebring Weird Problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net