Discuss Circuit Diagram Software in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Drexyn

Hey all, i am in need of some circuit diagram software for my assignment. I had a look at some of the options for free software on google and found them to be dodgy. Can anyone provide any information or a link to a proven quality site that i can use to download circuit diagram software. I dont mind paying for the software as long as it's good quality.

Many thanks

Going to give that a try DW. About time I changed from my 35 year old copy of AutoSketch.

Trouble is I’m set in my ways. I’ve got 100’s of drawing and many of them are mechanical.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried and tried but it's just no use.... I can't tear myself away from AutoCAD.

i use visio and serif drawplus. failing that, the back of a beermat, then scan it.

Going to give that a try DW. About time I changed from my 35 year old copy of AutoSketch.

Trouble is I’m set in my ways. I’ve got 100’s of drawing and many of them are mechanical.

OMG!!! next you'll be getting a colour TV and throwing yer Betamax away.... Its tricky at first took me several hours trial and error but the trial version gives you a max 10pages 200 connections and 40 symbols more than enough for any small project diagram or quick draw you may need to throw up...

I know its expensive but Autocad is the industrial standard. Most construction companies will send all drawings in DWG. And expect any new designs to be re layered, and sent back.

Another good one is a totally free autocad system thats i was sent by RS components email ... you can pll virtually any product off their website and transfer it to your project it will be 3 dimensional and will auto size itself to your project so you can gage say the layout of a panel and check it all fits before ordering... again tricky to get use to but really useful.

Its called Design Spark Mechanical.
DesignSpark - Home » DesignSpark

Another good one is a totally free autocad system thats i was sent by RS components email ... you can pll virtually any product off their website and transfer it to your project it will be 3 dimensional and will auto size itself to your project so you can gage say the layout of a panel and check it all fits before ordering... again tricky to get use to but really useful.

Its called Design Spark Mechanical.
DesignSpark - Home » DesignSpark

Looks useful for switch gear, would save time going through ever data sheet for dimensions..

Yep.. think a lot on here would find it useful .... you can pick a panel size drop it into your project then pull anything into it from switchgear to inverters and check it all fits hunky dory.... its been a ball acher trying to order a panel and know its correct size not too big or little.

Or use it to pull anything in with all the dimensions etc ready for you.

One reason I like AutoSketch is I've got so used to it.

This took a fair while to do but shows I can incorporate non electrical things.

Full.jpg

For small drawings I sometimes attach to a forum post or for slightly larger drawings similar to Tony's I'd just use Visio. It's shapes based so it's very quick once you've got all your commonly used shapes saved. Visio can also save to CAD formats such as dxf and dwg (up to a point) At work we mostly use AutoCAD MEP.

Thanks to everyone for your hints and tips, i will be checking out a couple of them to see which one works for me.

Have a great day

Reply to Circuit Diagram Software in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net