Discuss CIS registered in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning all - Had a call last night from a guy who works for an insulation company. They had just finished a job insulating a loft. The owner had called them back to say that none of the updtairs lights were now working.

He wasn't sure if it was one of their guys who had damaged a cable so wanted me to go and test. The only issue was that his company had told him that the electrician needed to be CIS registered.

Anyone here know if this is correct?

Cheers Rich

some companys require a sub contractor to be CIS registered. if you're a self employed sparky all you need to do is contact HRMC on 0845 366 7899 and state your UTR number they can soon get you CIS registered which changes nothing for you but allows you to carry out more work subcontracting to these types of company's.

Hi if you are not CIS registered, and then become CIS, then you will get paper work every year for you to complete in regards tax payments and NI payments, if you dont complete paper work you get a fine. Also if you pay an accountant to do your tax return then that will also cost. its a pain sometimes.

Reply to CIS registered in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Hi Everyone, I had a new consumer unit installed in December 2021, the electrician said that he had more testing to complete and would come back...
Replies
Views
I finished my Electrical Fitter/Mechanic Apprenticeship in late 1998 as a mature age student while working at an Electrical Distributor across our...
Replies
Views
Hi Did a call out yesterday afternoon. Isolated a section of the downstairs ring circuit in the new extension that had a L-E fault. Bit...
Replies
Views
I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock