Discuss CityElectricSupply.com Reviews And Feedback in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

CityElectricalSupply.com (CES) are an electrical supplier across the United States with over 550 branches coast to coast.​

ces.jpg

Here in the UK we know them as CEF - a familiar name in the trade. With plenty of stores and fast shipping they can get your orders fulfilled quickly so you can spend your time on your job.​

CEF and CES are experts in the business of supplying electrical tools, parts, wiring and more. They have got over 1000000 items in stock. They care about their customers and family values are a key part of their ethos keeping local people in branches There is not much they don't know in the wholesale and contractor world. But, they also can supply the home DIYer making home improvements.

With a network of branches and warehouses across the USA, it is likely that you've used them to get your supplies from. They provide pretty much any item you can think of at a reasonable price. If you want to get in touch with CES you can do by calling 1-866-634-9853 or you can email them by clicking here.

store_inside.jpg

To make things even easier CES have an app for smartphones which is available on Android and iPhones. You can find your nearest branch, place orders and the app even has electrical calculators and charts to help you complete your jobs.

What are your experiences of using CES? How have you found their service? Let us know in the comments below!

In dealing with CEF as UK Electrical Forum sponsors some years back, for quite a few years, they were great. Then is it Yess that is the brother that fell out with the other or something? (Correct me and I'll edit this post I may be wrong). But apparently they weren't the cheapest of suppliers in the end.

As with most wholesalers it can be branch dependent.
My experience of CEF was not good.
Poor pricing, poor customer service, own brand products very low quality.
Invoices had to be double checked for massively over priced stuff.

Yesss are much better at customer service and pricing.
The same issues with low quality own branded gear although this is usually reflected in the price.

Fair comments matey. BTW these aren't sponsoring us or anything we're just testing some things out.

Here they are known as Check Everything First.

Yesterday -as an account customer - I went to buy a Proteus RCD for an existing consumer unit (not one I installed) and was charged the book price (they have a Screwfix style catalouge)

The catalouge price is the Jo Public price, yet they have no unease in charging this to account clients.
For this reason CEF is now a 'needs must' wholesaler, not a use all the time one.

They are even dearer than Screwfix for some stuff

I had one client who has had an account with his local CEF open an account at Rexel after he got a quote for Aico smoke alarms

The chase to be a screwfix is to impress their venture capitalists I guess. 550 branches is impressive. Did it start in the UK then or start in the USA and somehow cross the pond?

The last time I dealt with CEF about 35 years ago the branch manager nearly left the branch via the rather large front window after he slagged off my company and was rather insulting to me went back to the office and told my business partner at the time that we would no longer buy anything from them even if they were the only wholesaler that sold what we needed

35 years ago, a unicorn if it started here back then and ended up expanding into the USA!

I like the stools round the counter in the inside photo - if anyone else is being served, it implies you are going to have to wait a while. Last time I was in CEF, there was some joker thinking aloud very slowly what he might need for a job item by item, only one person serving, someone else waiting, I just walked out again. I guess if you are being paid while you wait you don't care how much time you waste.

I have been going to wholesalers for 35+ years and CEF are the last chance saloon. Their biggest downfall was their own brand products which are of the lowest quality possible and to me this was an Achilles heel setting them out as a joke.

The chase to be a screwfix is to impress their venture capitalists I guess. 550 branches is impressive. Did it start in the UK then or start in the USA and somehow cross the pond?
I deal with CES and have never had a problem and usually what I need the have in stock or will have it delivered from another branch. Great prices also. Been in the US for many years. Highly recommend

I only use them if there is no other option. They are overpriced. I have been charged more than the already overpriced catalogue price. If I order something to the store because it's not in stock, I get charged for delivery. The service is slow. About the only good thing I can say about them is they sell a wide range of goods. However, much of the time the stock levels listed for my local store are not accurate, so you arrive to find they haven't got what you want anyway.

I really don't have a choice.... Its CEF, YESSS or screwfix.... which is fine for run of the mill domestic stuff...

The last year or so, my local CEF has been going through a lot of staff changes.... for 6 months there they were running without an in store manager.. but now, they seem to have a new sense of purpose, promising "big changes"

The coffee machine helped :)

I use their click and collect, or delivery to home if its something i can wait a few days for.... Always comes the day i ask, And i cant fault the online stock checker... if your local store is inaccurate, then its the staff there not doing the job right.

I only use them if there is no other option. They are overpriced. I have been charged more than the already overpriced catalogue price. If I order something to the store because it's not in stock, I get charged for delivery. The service is slow. About the only good thing I can say about them is they sell a wide range of goods. However, much of the time the stock levels listed for my local store are not accurate, so you arrive to find they haven't got what you want anyway.

I find service and available range of goods varies greatly from branch to branch - online they offer a wide range of goods, but in branch choices can be extremely limited. I know all the staff in a local branch and could be in five times this week picking up a significant value of goods, yet walk in to price something for myself and it's list price quoted nine times out of ten. To be fair to that branch the online stock levels are generally accurate, but my own money will only ever go there as a last resort.

It seems as though CEF are really pushing power tools of late and seem to be setting prices around the average found online. Then you look at everything else in the store and find it's two or three times the average online price. Wholesalers in general are a mixed bag - I can walk into one local wholesaler and pay £1/m for a given cable, yet pay £4/m in the next place. I think CEF stand out for extra criticism due to the number of branches nationally, when in reality they're no better or worse than the average UK electrical wholesaler.

Whats the point in having an account then?

If we are getting 'jo public' book prices then there is no loyalty from CEF

Loyalty works both ways

I don't run an account with them, other than for online purchases. They know me well enough in the local branch and have suggested opening an account. I've told them why I've no interest in doing so and nothing has yet encouraged me to change that position.

As you state; loyalty goes two ways and there has been zero encouragment from their side for any show of loyalty on my part. It makes no odds to me as there are some very good wholesalers nearby and, as stated, I use CEF only as a last resort for my own work, but visit regularly for the company I'm subbed into.

Reply to CityElectricSupply.com Reviews And Feedback in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net