Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Close Call for mum with a kite in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Strima

Strima Electrician's Arms

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Not close enough by the looks of things.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. PEG

PEG Respected Member

...Could have placed her extraneous metalwork,a tad above base...

It is a worrying trend,which modern media has allowed greater access to...that is,that there are numb people out there:(

I remember a news article a few weeks ago,where some sports-fan,was remonstrating the lack of "safety advice" on a pack of cherries...after poisoning himself by cracking and eating the stones...

4. Percyprod

Percyprod Regular EF Member

Can't believe that any one could not see some danger in a kite on what is obviously a high voltage line. I was once called to an overhead line down across an access lane to 3 or 4 houses. When I got there found it was an 11kv cable, and it had a piece of cloth tied to it. One of the householders came over to say he'd tied the rag to it so no one would scratch their car. "It's dead then" I said, "luckily for you." I tried to keep others away, but they all knew better. Luckily it WAS dead.

5. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

"We had no idea we were in danger," she said.

6. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

With a name like Layton.........

7. Pat H

Pat H Don't ask, get an Electrician in.

Business Name:
    Sparks of Intelligence
    Unless it was damp and the kite cord wet whats the conductivity of 50M of nylon cord?
    Its not that conductive is it? String can be as it tends to hold moisture but thin nylon cord?
    Its not something I'd test but I'm not sure the danger was that great.

8. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

There was a case a few years ago where someone was electrocuted when their tape measure touched overhead train lines.

9. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

But birds sit on them lines and they are ok....... What could possibly go wrong.....

10. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Nice day out,