Currently reading:
common cause of voltage at neutral

Discuss common cause of voltage at neutral in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adamh

Whats the most common cause of getting a voltage at the neutral its on a boiler thats been isolated and theres 192volts neutral earth? any ideas

My first guess would be induced voltage on the "earth" which may not actually be connected to earth. Check your gas pipe bonding is ok (prove that the gas pipe is earthed) and check the resistance between the "earth" and the gas pipe. if this is 0 ohms then I'm barking up the wrong tree. Best of luck!

chhers mate wasn't actually there was a plumber mate that rang me he said he'd isolated the supply but had 192 volts neutral earth lol im gonna ring him later see if he sussed it

Just check adamh, that it is a neutral as someone may be using it as a control wire and not identified it as so, happens regular that mate, used to happen a lot on industrial contrlled boilers, people to lazy to identify the wires.
Just because its blue or black take nothing for granted when it comes to boiler controls.

Reply to common cause of voltage at neutral in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back