Currently reading:
concentric cable ???

Discuss concentric cable ??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tom79bmth

Hi all

Just a quick question what is the bs name for concentric cable that the db use for tncs and what size do they usually use on a single house thanks

It could be 400A fuses in the sub station "protecting the cable" The assumption is the service cable will burn open circuit in the event of a fault. Substation fuses do not protect cables they are there to grade with the HV protection for the local TX.

Agree, i am aware of the philosophy behind the DNO LV fuse grading with the MV protection of local TX subs. But i still wouldn't be happy with a 16mm AU conductor supplying 100A service fuse. But then i wouldn't use AU cables at any level!! lol!!

Agree, i am aware of the philosophy behind the DNO LV fuse grading with the MV protection of local TX subs. But i still wouldn't be happy with a 16mm AU conductor supplying 100A service fuse. But then i wouldn't use AU cables at any level!! lol!!

I’d like to a fly onthe wall when you tell the DNO you’re not happy with the cable they deign suitable for your supply.

I’ll admit I don’t like aluminium cable.
That is until it comes to transformer tails, 600mm[SUP]2[/SUP] 4 sector solidal dresses beautifully into the terminals, once in place it doesn’t need as much bracing. OK it’s a pig if you don’t know what you’re doing with it.

I thought it did for the service cable?

The OCPD is back at the substation or feeder pillar. Anything up to 630A so as meclec said, the service cable should blow clear. It’s a bugger when it doesn’t and the breach joint blows.

The sphincter is twitching when you put one of the old “J” type feeder fuses in live. The new SAIF pillars are a doddle to work on live.

This is a SAIF pillar

17A_zpsf4874ce0.jpg

Quote "The OCPD is back at the substation or feeder pillar. Anything up to 630A so as meclec said, the service cable should blow clear. It’s a bugger when it doesn’t and the breach joint blows.

The sphincter is twitching when you put one of the old “J” type feeder fuses in live. The new SAIF pillars are a doddle to work on live."

You know about it when you replace a fuse on an old open frame LV pillar and pick up a big load. Plenty of contact grease on it and slam it in.
Lucy aculock same principal as Schneider SAIF much safer systems but not as good access for the test lamp.

The OCPD is back at the substation or feeder pillar. Anything up to 630A so as meclec said, the service cable should blow clear. It’s a bugger when it doesn’t and the breach joint blows.

The sphincter is twitching when you put one of the old “J” type feeder fuses in live. The new SAIF pillars are a doddle to work on live.

This is a SAIF pillar
That picture is weird when you scroll up and down, it looks like it is coming out the page!

Reply to concentric cable ??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock