Discuss conduit pipe carrier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gylesr

hi all,
i need a pipe carrier for my van and really dont want to spend a £100 plus on one like the rhino. Ive seen a way of making them with 4" waste pipe ( i know ugly). does anyone have or use one like this and are they safe if made correctly
appreciate the help and advice

I got the rhino as it was crash tested, I wouldn't trust anything I'd made in a crash! By the time you've bought pipe, clamps, and end caps, time spent running around getting them, manufacture etc, is it worth making your own?

hi all,
i need a pipe carrier for my van and really dont want to spend a £100 plus on one like the rhino. Ive seen a way of making them with 4" waste pipe ( i know ugly). does anyone have or use one like this and are they safe if made correctly
appreciate the help and advice

ive brought this up at work,they are not crash tested,they will invalidate any insurance and they wont take the weight of galv in motion or copper pipe they cant be locked off etc ..dont do it..

very true fellas was just trying to weigh up my options. i think i could fabricate one to a high standard but dont thinks its worth the risk. il get saving the pennies

Just don’t make my mistake. As a photographer I would carry rolls of background paper on the roof rack. 4M x 30M of heavy weight paper isn’t light. Driving around Derby ring road a little old lady just stepped out in front of me, anchors ON. It was like a scene out of a carry on film. All four rolls burst out of the end caps of the tubes two passing each side of her. It was like a battle cruiser loosing off torpedoes!

She’s unhurt, I wasn’t when she’d finished belting hell out of me with her umbrella.

Why does it always happen to me!

once saw same thing on a transit pick up lengths of slat for a roller door overhanging cab,guy braked hard and the whole lot shot over the cab and landed on the road in front luckily no one was hurt.

Reply to conduit pipe carrier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net