Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Confused :-(

Discussion in 'Solar PV Forum' started by SRE, Feb 15, 2012.

Discuss Confused :-( in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. SRE

SRE Electrician's Arms

Got a customer who has 3 phase but only one connected. He's going to build a workshop to host 8kwp of pv and is going to re-connect another of the phases with a different meter.

Have I got this right, the first 4kwp can go back to the house, that should achieve a D rating, the second one will go back to the new workshop so that would need to be a D rating and he'd get the 4kwp Fit rate for each installation rather than the 8kwp rate? :dunce2:

I think I'm losing the will to live!

2. Earthstore

Earthstore Guest

My take on this is; if you have two separate incoming meters then you would have two mpan numbers, therefore it would be treated as two separate systems, as you say, both <4KWP, assuming you will have two inverters (G83 rated) and two export meters,no need for G59 either.
    I hope this helps.

3. Earthstore

Earthstore Guest

Just had a thought on this, not too sure how the FIT would work out for tax reasons, one maybe tax free, the other, if it is in the same name, may be taxable income?
    With some ingenuity, I am sure you may be able to find a way around this??

4. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

x2 MPAN is not a definite way to get x2 FIT. If they are both at the same address then every likelihood it will count as one 'site' and therefore outputs aggregated for one FIT. Normally I would suggest the workshop is actually a garden shed, the relevant building is the house, so that is what has to get the EPC and as it is all going through the house then income tax free. Having a second meter/MPAN also incurs the extra standing charge, whereas a 3 phase meter/supply costs the same as a single phase supply (once installed)

• Like Like x 1
  5. SRE

SRE Electrician's Arms

He's got his own business fitting windows so I'm guessing the workshop might well be a business expense and seperate from his house - I'll need to check.