Search the forum,

Discuss Congratulations Glenn in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

ypunaja9.jpg

Glenn off to work!

polar-kingkongthronester.JPG

I can just see him now
Well done mate, just remember though guys, that now if you upset him he can jump in his car and hunt you down faster!

Its not you then, its the other Glen!

Hell, that driving instructor must have been given some straight talking on how he was teaching him wrong at times ......:smile:

I take it by his absence on the forum tonight hes taking his mum out for a spin around the block after tea!

How will he handle having those green L plates showing?

Its not you then, its the other Glen!

Hell, that driving instructor must have been given some straight talking on how he was teaching him wrong at times ......:smile:

Yeah it is the calm and collective one,

I take it by his absence on the forum tonight hes taking his mum out for a spin around the block after tea!

How will he handle having those green L plates showing?

Well i just hope and expect all of you to royally rib him to death about it.

Ford capri 2.8 injection now that was a car, although the one with the 3.1 bullet engine was the daddy if i am remembering the right engine size, i know an old mate had one and once scared the crap out of me in it.

I always lusted after the 2.8 but only managed the 1.6. But even that could snap your head back when you put the pedal to the metal! And as for being a ----- magnet ....... :smile5:

I'm gonna guess as we haven't heard his dulcet tones so far on the thread tonight he's run out of juice taking his mum to see his aunty and is stranded somewhere .... bet he hasn't even got his MFT with him to work out if he's really out of juice or its just the fuel gauging sensor playing up!

2001 Peugeot boxer 2.8HDI

not THE van...but same type:

$_3.jpg

333.jpg

mines got a better roofrack than this one...it has the rear ladder...as this does...also a full bulkhead...76.000

it was £350 from someone i have known a long time.....its solid underneath and sound on top as well.....drives OK

i`v had it on a SORN in the neighbours yard since january....a couple of weeks now and it`l be out n about....

Well done Glenn.

Now just remember not get wound up by people who cant drive.
its bloody cyclists that annoy me......

there they are weaving in n out...round & about.....they all want runnin off the road....

i had one the other day clipped me with the pedal as he swept past...nearly kicked him off the chuffin thing...

its bloody cyclists that annoy me......

there they are weaving in n out...round & about.....they all want runnin off the road....

i had one the other day clipped me with the pedal as he swept past...nearly kicked him off the chuffin thing...

bikes are anoying,

Doesnt matter how bad one is though they dont nees a license.

So why are they allowed on the road then its drivers that get fined when they go under our wheels.

Bikes shouldn't be on the road (I don't mind road bikes as long as they keep up with traffic)

.... So why are they allowed on the road then its drivers that get fined when they go under our wheels....

Provided they're over 18 I don't mind! Couple of years back one shot out across the road infront off me, took out the front of the car, windscreen etc... Little git was only 14 so I ended up coughing up for the insurance repairs excess. Then 'enhanced' premiums the following years which totally p*ssed me off when I was totally free of any blame for the 'accident'.

Then the cheeky little gits mum had one of these "no-win-no-fees" charlatans contact me ......

Provided they're over 18 I don't mind! Couple of years back one shot out across the road infront off me, took out the front of the car, windscreen etc... Little git was only 14 so I ended up coughing up for the insurance repairs excess. Then 'enhanced' premiums the following years which totally p*ssed me off when I was totally free of any blame for the 'accident'.

Then the cheeky little gits mum had one of these "no-win-no-fees" charlatans contact me ......

Get one of those dashboard cams.

If anything happens again, your covered

......... and it's always good to have you back so we can get some bets placed on when your next ban will be. :)
well..

i`v been relying on the good nature of a few folk to get stuff to these 2 rewires i`m on with...

the customer has agreed to release some cash on tuesday.....this will get the van taxed....so should be out in it this coming week....:biggrin:

OK:

its had:

1) welding on both sides underneath..(nothing structural..just tin work)..

2) both front wheel bearings had about a mil of play in them at the centre...which will equate to about 3-5 mil of movement at the wheel rim...these have both been replaced...

3) the rear nearside wheel was tite....(been stood for a year)..this was the brake shoe binding...its been stripped down and rebuilt...now runs free n true...

4) there was corrosion on the brake lines to each wheel....these were just short stabs...and have been replaced...the rest of the brake pipes had already been done in the past...and turned out to be copper...

5) both sets of front pads were showing signs of de-laminating from their backings...so were replaced...

6) the wipers wern`t returning...i traced this back to a crap connection in the engine bay...i have dealt with this...

7) the tracking was out....wanted to pull to the left...this has been dealt with...

8) the nearside repeater wasn`t working...this was crap on the connections...a lick with a fine file sorted that one out...

9) the offside sidelight wasn`t working....just needed a new lamp...

10) one of the reversing lighs wasn`t coming on...new lamp...

11) both rear indicator lamps have lost their colour...just replaced both lamps with new...

12) both front tyres were bald...replaced both...

13) the nearside rear tyre was showing signs of cracking (due to being stood)...this has been replaced...

now:
i`v noticed that i put the van cost £350...this is a mistake...it actually cost me £250

so thats £250...plus the work and parts above which has come to about £500

so its cost £750 for what is now a well sorted van....that i`v been told by several people is £1500-1800 every day of the week as it stands now with a years ticket on it...

I will post up some images of it this week.

hopefully it will inspire others who are looking for a cheap van that there is stuff out there...if you look carefully...and are prepared to spend the time...and a bit of cash getting it straightened out...:wink:

I will post up some images of it this week.

hopefully it will inspire others who are looking for a cheap van that there is stuff out there...if you look carefully...and are prepared to spend the time...and a bit of cash getting it straightened out...:wink:

And with your cars too. Similarly got the missus a 4dr (or 5dr inc boot) to make life easier with little one. It was a 'dog' mechanically and cosmetically, but pretty much there now. Decided there's no point sorting paint at the mo - due to her parking skill and me telling her 12" was 'only this much'!!

Reply to Congratulations Glenn in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net