Discuss Construction must modernise to survive the economic recovery in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Interesting article very accurate and what plenty of people have been saying on here for ages, sadly nothing will be changing much in most of our lifetimes

the construction industry as a whole is just not worth the investment,
its pretty much maximum effort and hassle for a tiny margin of profit(any mistakes or surprises and that margin becomes a loss) there are plenty of other industries with not half the responsibilities, h&s red tape and risk for a much greater return and easier life

add that to a highly incompetent and poorly trained workforce and for me ever becoming an employer again is just not worth the aggro

i have been investing in another unrelated business for a while now and as soon as the day comes, it will be a great pleasure for me to get all my tools into my van, push it into the thames and walk away from this ridiculous industry forever :)

Interesting article very accurate and what plenty of people have been saying on here for ages, sadly nothing will be changing much in most of our lifetimes

the construction industry as a whole is just not worth the investment,
its pretty much maximum effort and hassle for a tiny margin of profit(any mistakes or surprises and that margin becomes a loss) there are plenty of other industries with not half the responsibilities, h&s red tape and risk for a much greater return and easier life

add that to a highly incompetent and poorly trained workforce and for me ever becoming an employer again is just not worth the aggro

i have been investing in another unrelated business for a while now and as soon as the day comes, it will be a great pleasure for me to get all my tools into my van, push it into the thames and walk away from this ridiculous industry forever :)

alternatively, drive it in and swim away!:)

Reply to Construction must modernise to survive the economic recovery in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net