Currently reading:
Consumer unit space

Discuss Consumer unit space in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

nickd911

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

We moved into a new build last year and want to add a couple of extra circuits but the consumer unit has no space and all the circuits are used. Is there any requirement for there to be space in the consumer unit and should i ask the housebuilder (Redrow) to resolve or pay myself for a new larger unit?

Any help appreciated,
N

in the US, bang testing has been a tried method since the red indians nicked the telegraph copper wires for bangles, why change?

22 year old son has just bought a new build, and has had me over on curtain pole fixing duty.
Construction is catnic lintels with dot and dab plasterboard.
A piece of 4x2 thrown loose into the recess on the face of the catnics would have made the job soooooo much easier!
Checked one socket and one switch and pleasantly surprised.

22 year old son has just bought a new build, and has had me over on curtain pole fixing duty.
Construction is catnic lintels with dot and dab plasterboard.
A piece of 4x2 thrown loose into the recess on the face of the catnics would have made the job soooooo much easier!
Checked one socket and one switch and pleasantly surprised to find cable inside. ?

Reply to Consumer unit space in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back