Discuss Contactor response time in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

It may not be easy, but that device count is not really that much.
This is why we can get paid what we do get paid for doing machinery, in other words 2 - 3 times what you can get for domestic installs, because we can sort out rats nests like this.
This is how I earn my living, often picking up the pieces after some muppet has mucked it up.
Not you I hasten do add, just go back to where you started with your site notes and your wire markings and check the contactor (s) you replaced, then trace the wires from those connection points, and knowing the function of the devices that they are connected to you will begin to see the circuit so you can then draw it out on paper if you can't see it in your mind, and you'll soon see what has gone wrong.

I think my worst is over 100 contactors, no wiring diagram, no PLC printout, 40+ push buttons, no CNC control programmes, but, if you follow the wiring you can decide on what is what.

It may not be easy, but that device count is not really that much.
This is why we can get paid what we do get paid for doing machinery, in other words 2 - 3 times what you can get for domestic installs, because we can sort out rats nests like this.
This is how I earn my living, often picking up the pieces after some muppet has mucked it up.
Not you I hasten do add, just go back to where you started with your site notes and your wire markings and check the contactor (s) you replaced, then trace the wires from those connection points, and knowing the function of the devices that they are connected to you will begin to see the circuit so you can then draw it out on paper if you can't see it in your mind, and you'll soon see what has gone wrong.

I think my worst is over 100 contactors, no wiring diagram, no PLC printout, 40+ push buttons, no CNC control programmes, but, if you follow the wiring you can decide on what is what.
Almost like I wrote that post ... takes years/decades to get an analytical mind but once you do you can almost write your own cheques.

Almost like I wrote that post ... takes years/decades to get an analytical mind but once you do you can almost write your own cheques.

True, the more you learn the less you understand and if you manage to get something done once it doesn't mean you will be able to do it every time. The hardest thing is to always start with the right mindset.

Unfortunately it was too good to be true, now after a while it turns itself off again when the automatic cycle button is pushed (yellow pilot light briefly comes on then goes off). We have ordered service manual, maybe it will help to some degree.
When one of time delay relays are being tapped then it turns off the main 24 VDC supply contactor.

Last edited:
Received the wiring diagram with user manual not long ago. Seems like latching on automatic mode circuit is working. I think there might be some unrelated or unobvious cause, something is still in a semi-broken state.
Not sure if it's advisable to show the wiring diagram according to intellectual property law.

Last edited:
Another thing is there is missing NO K33.1 contact in series between K33 and K33.1 coils (wiring diagram incorporates three different models in one).

Thanks for answers everybody. Turns out one contactor was pressing too much against the time delay relay.
One link on the terminal block was bad as well.

Last edited:

Reply to Contactor response time in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock