Discuss Continuity values keeps going down. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So bought a second hand Megger BM233 to practice with as I'm a college student..

So I was just using it on a loose 2.5 cable. Testing on the neutral from both sides . Whilst having the device on the Ohm side. I nulled it to zero by touching the probes.

When I do the dead test. It starts off with figures likes 0.22 . Then goes downwards until it gets to 0.0 and sometimes even with a negative -0.0

Does anyone know what this is?

At those low values the resistance at the contact points of the test leads is significant. Are you clipping your test leads on to the cable?

Don't worry about the 0.00 or -0.00

Whilst having the device on the Ohm side. I nulled it to zero by touching the probes.
I presume you pressed test too, as this does the nulling?
Then to ask the obvious, I presume you are NOT pressing test when you put the clips on your test cable?
(Anyone used to other testers makes this mistake at first with Meggers)

I presume you pressed test too, as this does the nulling?
Then to ask the obvious, I presume you are NOT pressing test when you put the clips on your test cable?
(Anyone used to other testers makes this mistake at first with Meggers)

Yes I press the test to null and then I don't press the test again when I'm testing as it does it automatically.

Reply to Continuity values keeps going down. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post, and pre-emptive thank you for your help. In anticipation of redoing all of the wiring with the computer I'm putting together...
Replies
Views
G
I'm trying to get my head around inspection and testing. When I'm struggling, i often find writing it down helps me to learn it - please could you...
Replies
Views
V
Hi all First off some info about me im early 30s :/ had to retrain so went back to college and undertook a domestic installers course and also...
Replies
Views
ezzzekiel
E
F
Here are questions 11 - 20, I have also found the long answer section with answers so will post shortly. I apologise if there are any mistakes but...
Replies
Views
richy8ball
R

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock