Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Cooker Hood - Advice Please in the Electrical Forum area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Mushyph

    Mushyph New EF Member


    I am just replacing my 16 year old extractor cooker hood! Have an isolator switch and separate 3pin plug and the old hood simply plugged in. The new hood (CDA CST61) i've bought says THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE MAINS SUPPLY USING FIXED WIRING VIA A DOUBLE POLE SWITCHED FUSED SPUR OUTLET AND PROTECTED BY A 3A FUSE .

    My question is does this really need to be fixed wired in? Or will a 13 amp plug with 3A fuse be ok as I already have a separate isolator switch?

    Hopefully not a stupid question and would welcome any advice please.

  2. Murdoch

    Murdoch Electrician's Arms

    Fit a plug to the cord with a 3a fuse. Job done
    • Agree Agree x 6
  3. kingeri

    kingeri Electrician's Arms

    As above. It makes no difference either way.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. telectrix

    telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

    Business Name:
    agree.according to amd.3, manufacturers instructions should be considered, not followed blindly.
    • Like Like x 2
Similar Threads - Cooker Hood Advice Forum Date
Domestic replacing a cooker switch socket Electrical Forum Saturday at 6:44 AM
Domestic Range Cooker Help please! Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations Dec 4, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. cooker hoods have plugs

  2. cooker hood wiring regulations

Electricians Directory Post a Domestic Job Post a Commercial Job