Currently reading:
dasy chaining boards ?

Discuss dasy chaining boards ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

falcon0310

a big hotel group has asked us that they want 2 way dbs in each bedroom feeding one socket and 5 lights all led fittings, but they want the supplies to boards daisy chained from 10mm t&e or swa feeding 4 rooms per circuit. the only way ive ever done this is sub per board, but cant find anything in the regs, as so many jobs this is to save money but surely its not right

I agree, staying at home to earn no money is better than going to work and earn no money.

Yep there'salways jeremy kyle to watch if ya get bored

As soon as it all goes tats up you'll be in the firing line so my suggestion if you do it is to get it in writing first. Or like me if not happy walk away and let some other nugget play the bodge game

Great advice. If you can't talk someone into doing things right, then they aren't worthy of your services. They will find some other muppet eventually, but some people just don't care.

I don't think the manpower or workload are the problem, as we keep saying this is a bad design fullstop. you need to have another meeting and explain the problems you know will occur, and as Hightower said the minute they start to think about downtime, unhappy, unpaying guests then suddenly they start to listen.
You Are the Contractor/electrician/expert on this project, therefore it is your place to convince them to heed your advice.

As GMES says its not the manpower. The job is a pice of pish but the fundamentals are flawed and will bite you on the arse
as I said this was there idea, and was racking my brains over this as ive never done it before or been asked to do it, I told them that it should be lsf twin and gut at least but they don't like that either !

I don't think the manpower or workload are the problem, as we keep saying this is a bad design fullstop. you need to have another meeting and explain the problems you know will occur, and as Hightower said the minute they start to think about downtime, unhappy, unpaying guests then suddenly they start to listen.
You Are the Contractor/electrician/expert on this project, therefore it is your place to convince them to heed your advice.
we been asked to give them price, so main electrical contractor, I can share all there ideas as you all wet yourselves

we been asked to give them price, so main electrical contractor, I can share all there ideas as you all wet yourselves
To be honest Falcon you have entertained me with this Fawlty towers project, and i have only just realised it is friday so this is quite Apt.
For the record we get a few post's like this on a friday.

Reply to dasy chaining boards ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock