Search the forum,

Discuss Data Logger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I very nearly bought one of the recommended data loggers but came to my senses in time (since I have no money) but it was tempting; If they had had the three channel one I may have been ruefully looking at an empty bank account and a very unlikely to be used logger.

Still, one day.

I was going to be polite and not be so base as to ask the price that Paul paid for his 2-channel version....but what the hell, c'mon Tigerpaul, tell us how much it cost ;)

I'm on the market to getting a DATA Logger in the near future, I've spotted a neat 4channel device that does all this but each input is bought seperately but they have data logging for multiple input use like Temp', Speed etc as well as Energy monitoring.
I'll look into it a little more and if I get on I'll add to the thread about my findings.

This is what interests me if anyone ever used one?

HOBO® UX120-006M Analog Input 4 channel Data Logger

Last edited:
I also looked at what I classed as environmental loggers as an option but I already have a small temp logger and there's never been an occasion where I've needed to log speed. I also liked the wave capture feature that the one I purchased has, although I haven't had a chance to try it yet, I figured I was a lot more likely to benefit from that more than I would benefit from other stuff.

Price of your option is certainly competitive being a 4 channel device for just over a hundred quid. I think you need to purchase the cables and clamps separately however and at 80-100 quid each for the split core CT's and 10-20 quid each for the connecting cables I think it might work out expensive in the end. I'm also not sure about the construction being very site-friendly, it looks a bit domestic to me but I wouldn't pass judgment until I'd actually had my hands on it.

Also that site you linked to sells the software for 88 quid whereas it appears to be for free here. There's also a full user manual available at the site I linked.

Last edited:
How's the logger working out for you Paul? Mine's done over a dozen monitoring sessions and paid for itself several times over. I'm considering getting the three channel version as well, only problem is my local supplier doesn't have it as a stock item so I'd have to order it from overseas :(

Hi Test Meter. I already have Hoiki pw3198 and an old Carlo Gavazzi PQA702 which I use for power quality investigations and auditing. They're expensive and bulky items which are great if analysis of harmonics is necessary for example but the cheaper data logger in this thread was purchased so I don't have to leave large and expensive equipment on site when I just need to log basic current and voltage over a period off a few days. I was considering buying the 3-phase version of the unit in this thread or something similar.

Reply to Data Logger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net