Discuss David Blaine in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i don't bond people. they're not extraneous or conductive.

Million volts of current ? That does not make sense and from what I can remember of my collage time it was drummed in to our heads that its current that kills not voltage so if he is in millions of volts but milliamperes then not to bad put him millions of amps and 240V then watch him dance !!

What’s interesting is how Professor John Belcher never volunteered himself before the stunt and only came out of the woodwork after it was all done and dusted. It’s not as if anyone is going to take him up on his offer and make him prove himself.

Million volts of current ? That does not make sense and from what I can remember of my collage time it was drummed in to our heads that its current that kills not voltage so if he is in millions of volts but milliamperes then not to bad put him millions of amps and 240V then watch him dance !!

When I was at college one of the favourite tricks was to get an HT generator out, with a current limiter, then one person would grab one terminal, someone else another, then we'd make a chain around the room, ending by the door and then grab the next person to walk through it. They danced a little, too. Would never get away with it now in these H&S obsessed days, but it taught us exactly about the difference between Voltage and Current.

The best thing we used to do at collage was wire the meggar to the metal door handle and the Yale lock and tape the button down and then get out quick and wait for the instructor to come back from his dinner he was an old guy in his late 60s and then one day he got called away and we got a right one in his place he told us he would get us back and he did he took us out one by one and through us a small charged capacitor with the wires sticking out and we all went for days itching the burns

Schools should be like my old place. The physics lab had Van der Graaff generators, Tesla coils and a Wimshurst machine. They didn’t give us Faraday suits, 500,000V up you arm would just have everyone else laughing. The Wimshurst machine was a vicious sod, knocked me clean across the room. Sympathy from physics master? “That’ll teach you!

I altered the Wimshurst by adding two more Leyden jars to it.
Physics master “You’re daft! No, you are not trying it!”,,, “Oh come on then, lets see what happens”. God was it loud when it arced over. Only about 150KV but how many joules were stored in the jars god knows.

View attachment 15145

Schools should be like my old place. The physics lab had Van der Graaff generators, Tesla coils and a Wimshurst machine. They didn’t give us Faraday suits, 500,000V up you arm would just have everyone else laughing. The Wimshurst machine was a vicious sod, knocked me clean across the room. Sympathy from physics master? “That’ll teach you!
Happy days,and if it taught you nothing else it taught you to respect electricity

Reply to David Blaine in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net