Currently reading:
Delta Training

Discuss Delta Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

I've just been informed that Delta training have gone into liquidation.

I had an open portfolio doing the 2356. Liquidator has told me there is next to no assets and I'm set to lose my £800 fee.

I made some progress yesterday.

Onefile advised me to back up my portfolio to a zip file and try to find a new company to which I could transfer my registration. From a quick look at the XSTraining website (sponsors here), I had noticed that they also use the Onefile format, so I sent them an email explaining the situation and they replied quickly and were very helpful. (I can assure you - I am not being bribed to say that!)

C&G have acknowledged that it's totally beyond my control and are trying to help, but it turns out that Delta may have had other issues that I can't disclose here just yet.

So, I'm resigned to paying out more money to a company such as XS, in order to finish the course, but it's looking quite promising with regard to transferring my portfolio over to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be cautious about paying another similar provider, as the cut-off date is fast approaching and they will no longer be profiting, and might do exactly the same thing.

I appreciate your concern, but I still have a C&G registration for the 2356, so the cut-off date should be irrelevant for those of us with part completed portfolios.

The worrying issue is, in what form these portfolios will permitted to cross over to the new training/assessing company and what will the additional costs be to administer this process and assess the remaining sections?

I spoke toe onefile and they mentioned the same thing, I'll get onto XS, are they asking for extra £££?

Also had a letter in the post from debt reclaimers who are handling DET so will fill that in.

Will also have to dig out the receipt and see what card type I used, although most debit cards are VISA so I should have a case to claim my money back.

If you paid by debit card then VISA are in no way gonna help you out! This is another reason to do courses at proper colleges.....they tend not to go bust!

This kind of comment is just rubbing salt into the wounds. Some of us work mainly in the retail sector where attending a local college for 2/3/4 years on a given night is impossible. Believe me, I tried to do that twelve years ago and failed.

I spoke toe onefile and they mentioned the same thing, I'll get onto XS, are they asking for extra £££?

Also had a letter in the post from debt reclaimers who are handling DET so will fill that in.

Will also have to dig out the receipt and see what card type I used, although most debit cards are VISA so I should have a case to claim my money back.

Speak to David Alexis at XS Training - he's been pretty helpful so far. I haven't discussed payment with him yet, but maybe if there's a few of us, the transfer of portfolios will work out to be less expensive.

Hi RDV,

please update how is your progress with XSTraining. It is intresting what they say.
I am going to contact them but the contacts they provide is email and address. That is strange. According to them the final date to enrole for course is 31st of December.

Thanks,

Hi RDV,

please update how is your progress with XSTraining. It is intresting what they say.
I am going to contact them but the contacts they provide is email and address. That is strange. According to them the final date to enrole for course is 31st of December.

Thanks,

Just send an email to [email protected] - explaining that you were a Delta learner and you are looking to transfer your portfolio over to them.

Re: Delta Training liquidation

I have been reliably informed by my nvq assessor that anyone registered with delta to complete the 2356 level 3 nvq will be
able to transfer thier portfolio over to a new company he is setting up. no need to re register with any other companies as
this will cost ££££s. Should know more by end of week but anyone thinking of registering with another training company
just hold out for now before parting with anymore money.

I found out only this morning that Delta had gone bust. I was 88% complete and have most of the evidence to finish it. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. That's £750 il never see again. Does anyone know what's happening? I've spoke to Onefile and C and G but findng it difficult to find a company who's willing to take me on with the work I've currently completed. Don't fancy starting from scratch. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

I've just spoken to one of the assessors from delta training and was advised to wait until December the 9th, as he I trying to take on the chaps that are still doing the course, I have been advised that all is not lost yet, and await further information, as we all still have our registration numbers from City & Guilds.
Its all in the hands of the solicitors, Delta never even contacted me, all I received was a Txt from my assessor last week.

this is the third company I have signed up with that may have nicked my money.

5 parts left on my unit.

Reply to Delta Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back